Rectify

Clearly it's all been decided, because the group of you without hesitation, take the elevator to the basement where the cells are. No one really speaks. It's just silence most of the way down. Well, except for Thor's slight humming and you're way too tense to even care about how nonchalant he's behaving.

When the doors open, and everyone steps out. MJ whispers to you. "So are we actually doing this?"

"Yeah we are," you respond, with assurance. The truth is you're not sure of anything at all in the current moment. All you know is that you're screwed if you can't get Odinson locked away safely. There's no time to back out now.

Normally, you find comfort in someone else having to make the hard decisions. It was always ever Tony or Hope or Bruce, and they were damn good at it. But they aren't here right now unfortunately. So, it all falls on you at the moment and that thought is as equally exciting, as it is terrifying.

It was you who started all of this. Sure, it was with the best of intentions, but what does that matter once lives are at stake. At least you have FRIDAY's guidance of course. Things should be just fine.

The large steel doors to the quarantine area, immediately unlock due to the sensors. The vast and seemingly endless room houses about a hundred 10x10 small containment cells. Not only are they great for monitoring the potentially infected, but they are also great for locking away threats of an enhanced physiology. So pretty strong. Stronger than those goddamn windows.

The group walks ahead of you, so you don't even notice when they've all stopped walking, and are now looking to you for what next. At least Ned and MJ are. Thor who you know to be more of a take charge kind of guy, doesn't need the same constant reaffirmation from you.

"Maybe we should hurry this along." He claps his hands together to get everyone's attention.

"Wait FRIDAY." You hate that you even have to ask confirm this question. "Do I have authority to keep Thor locked inside for however long?"

The question seems to catch both MJ and Ned off guard. Like that's something they didn't actually consider themselves.

"Apparently, you do, Ma'am," FRIDAY tells you. "For as long as you remain number one on the administration."

"Alright," you let out a heavy breath. "Unlock cell #001 please."

The door suddenly unlatches with a few clinks.

"OK. In you go. Let's not waste any more time, like you said."

There's a gnawing feeling in the hollow of your stomach, that if he doesn't get in soon, it will be too late.

"Alright."

Once inside and with the door shut, Thor immediately plops himself down on the bed, as you survey the room more closer. Besides the small cot, there's a sink, toilet and small table. Not much else as the concrete walls are bare.

You glance around the area for any flaws in the design Like it would do you any good, even if you did notice any. It's not like you could fix it. You just can't believe things will be this easy.

"How are you so calm about all of this?" MJ asks the question that's been plaguing your mind since the elevator ride down here.

You snap out of your daze and back at Thor, waiting for his response.

"I'll admit this isn't an ideal situation." He looks to one of the walls for just a moment, and for the first time, you sense the worry on his face.

He quickly turns back. "But I trust Stark, and Banner and Hope. They'll find a cure...one day, and at least if I'm in here, I can't harm anyone."