Part 3

The sun had started to set and the rain was now a light drizzle. The temperature was also dropping. "How long until they come looking for you?" You asked wanting to know if you'd end up spending the night with a killer or not. "Tomorrow probably. Preston will be there. Ignore him he's an idiot." He responded. You pouted, the thought of staying the night in creepy woods with a killer that video taped everything made you shiver. Gathering your thoughts and emotions you realized you didn't know his name, It seemed like at this point knowing each other's names would be okay. "Um my name is (y/n) by the way. What's yours?" you asked, now facing the disfigured man. "Jesse" his phone said. "It's nice to meet you Jesse." You said with a smile. Night fell quickly.

Your stomach growled loudly in the early morning hours. You had barely slept due to fear of what might happen. Jesse woke up to the sound of your stomach, making a confused look he raised his eyes to meet yours. "Oh I'm sorry my stomach woke you. It's almost like I haven't eaten in god knows how long since you kidnapped me." You said with a hint of anger seeping in. A second later you realized you just basically yelled at a serial killer and covered your mouth with your hands in shock. You were about to apologize when his phone talked "You have bite. I like fire"

"I'm still sorry. I'm just so hungry and tired." She said apologetically. His phone spoke up again "You would probably be a better addition than Preston" She tried to figure out what he meant and then it hit her "Are you offering me a job?" You asked. He only shrugged. At this point the sun was rising and out in the middle of nowhere it was a breathtaking view. You even smiled at the sight. Unknown to you your forced companion had noticed the smile, he thought it was a beautiful smile.

The two of you spent the morning rebuilding the fire and adding in anything that made it smoke more. You had come up with the idea of a smoke signal and Jesse was impressed at your thought process. He hadn't thought about needing to signal your exact location since the phone by this time was nearly dead and not able to transmit it's gps signal. The smoke signal rose high into the sky, it would be easy for a plane or helicopter to see from a distance.

Since neither of you had the survival skills to know which plants were edible you sat trying to make a small spear with the use of one of his knives and a stick. Since you were the faster of the two it would be your job to spear the animal. You were not looking forward to it. Jesse tried to reassure you that it would be okay since it's for survival.

Finally you got the courage to try. It didn't take long for you to find a lone rabbit grazing in a field. Doing your best you missed by a lot and the bunny left in a hurry. "Dammit" you cursed. Jesse silently chuckled at you. Even though it was a silent laugh due to him not being able to really make noise you could sense it and so you turned around giving him a death glare. The large man playfully put up his hands in mock defense. "Oh my gods you have a sense of humor" you said with a dramatic gasp.

He didn't show it often but he did in fact have a softer side. At work it was necessary for him to be the stone cold stoic killer that he is, but in free time he was more relaxed and kind. He no longer saw you as his prey or a threat so he let the walls slip down for a bit. She was relieved that his mood had seemed to improve. After a few more tries you finally managed to kill a larger rabbit. With the brightest, most proud smile you had you held up the dead animal. Jesse clapped to show that he too was proud. He knew how to skin and cook the animal and so he did that half of the work.

By this time it was noon and the two of you sat happily eating the cooked rabbit. Just as the meal was finishing up you hear the sound of helicopters and ATV's. Your eyes widen slightly in fear. Jesse easily sensed this and typed "It's my company. Don't tell anyone about me being nice." the phone said as he put a small amount of sap onto his mask to act as a temporary adhesive. You frowned at this, his face was something you'd grown to like, it was friendly and kind. It pulled you back to reality that most people saw him as something monstrous. You wondered if his company even knew what he looked like.

A gun in your face snapped you from thoughts. In front of you was a man not as tall or intimidating as Jesse. He had black hair and a wicked smile. "Preston" the phone in Jesse's hand said. "Oh you're the annoying one J-Chromeskull was talking about." Your face lit up as you realized this. The smile on Prestons face left in the blink of an eye, being replaced with a frown/scowl. "You little bitch!" He yelled in your face. You only giggled through your fear. This only angered him more. A woman walked up behind Preston and pushed him aside. It was clear he was the lowest on the food chain.

"Shut your mouth Preston. Jesse wants her alive." The woman said calmly. Subconsciously you walked back and bumped into someone. "I..I'm sorry" you stuttered out turning around to see Jesse. The sudden arrival of thirty or so people was overwhelming. The woman eyed you before saying "My name is Spann, I work for Chromeskull." She said. You nodded trying to collect yourself. "I'm (Y/n)" You managed to say. "I know" Spann said. Looking over the womans shoulder you could see a still angry Preston barking orders at the workers. Jesse put a large hand on your shoulder as reassurance.

"You have two options now that you know about this organization. We kill you or you work for us." Spann gave you the ultimatum.