Epilogue

The superlab was empty, as it had been left. No blue sky or poultry bins contaminated the clean complex. Only two things had their presence there, things that weren't bolted to the ground or otherwise buried beneath it anyhow. The proprietor of this fine establishment, and his most trusted fixer.

Mike: You mind telling me why you pulled me away from my luxurious weekend to come down here?

Gus: For a very simple reason. Our esteemed cooks checked in earlier today, and it was reported to me they were acting suspicious. I figured, even if that was an incorrect assertion it would not hurt to visit our most valuable assets.

Mike: Suspicious? There ain't nothing here.

Gus: Exactly my point. One would expect to be hearing the sounds of their work, at the very least of movement, chatter. But not a pindrop was heard from hours ago.

Mike: And they aren't here, which means...

Mike draws a subnosed revolver from his pants.

Gus: I would not be so hasty, perhaps it is simply a misunderstanding, in which case such brazen behavior would only do harm to our relationship.

Mike: Well perhaps don't cut it, somethings wrong here and I know it. Even now they aren't answering us, almost as if they aren't here.

Gus: They were not seen leaving.

Mike: I figured, that only raises more questions.

The pair make their way along the metal grate catwalk, moving towards the stairs, before Mike notices an issue.

Mike: Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there supposed to be stairs there?

Gus: I'm more concerned of how the ceiling has seemingly been either repaired black or is now simply a void.

Mike: And that reminds me, who turned off the lights?

And as it had occurred to many souls before, the pair fell through the lab. Though unlike a Salamanca and Lawyer, they did not stay there, no. They kept tumbling and falling, and weeping and galling, until in keeping with stalling, they were in a new, darker world. Seemingly in a dungeon of sorts.

Mike: Ugh, where are we? What is this place?

Mike rises up and dusts himself off, while Gus stands back up and adjusts his tie.

Gus: Some kind of otherworld, clearly we're in a realm other than that from which we came.

Mike: Wow, our first few minutes here and you already got that figured out huh? Well with that mystery solved, how do you suggest we get out of here?

Before any plans can be drawn, loud footsteps beckon through the halls of the prison, door shaking and chains swaying wildly with each heavy step.

Mike: Wonderful, well if this really is a new world I hope you can speak alien.

Gus: There are tongues known by all.

Soon enough the owners of the heavy feet made themselves known, as they appeared at the end of the hall. And as they got closer, and closer, the scowling expression on their face became more and more apparent, as did the opposing smile on their stomach. Soon enough, the behemoth was standing over them, breathing like a storm.

King: Lightners. What is it you are doing within my castle, and why should I entertain your presence? I made it quite clear to Ralsei that we already have enough of your kind here.

Gus: Please sir, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Gustavo Fring, of Los Pollos Hermanos, and I represent opportunity.

King: Oh? And how is that?

Gus: I can tell you are a ruler, clearly your commanding presence demonstrates your effectiveness as one. The people of this land are truly lucky to have someone as wise as you serving them.

King: Oh, why, thank you. I do believe that I have devoted my life towards pulling us Darkners from the hole Lightners have left us in.

Gus: Yes, a noble goal indeed. And so, I wish to present a business opportunity, that will benefit us both, one that someone of your reasonableness will surely understand...

Mike: Oh, here we go again...

And so the cards were set. The pieces were in place. What was once a dull, if enemy ridden affair, now just more complicated. If only the cellphones worked, then Walt knew who to call. But for the time being, our heroes and villains had a great game to play. A game of slinging, winning, knowing, owning, and dealing, Deltatune.

They will return...