Chapter Thirty-seven: There are no purple elephants

Song: Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles

Chapter Thirty-seven: There are no purple elephants

"Did you make up with Samantha?" I mocked.

When I got home and went into Reveka's room she was there with Sam. I guess they made up.

"My name is Sam and you know it."

"Sam is short for Samantha. Everyone knows that." I teased.

He shook his head. "Or Samuel. Or Samson. But mine is just Sam."

Reveka put one hand to block her mouth from Sam and whispered to me. "It's Samuel."

He shoved her as I laughed. "I prefer Salvatore."

He scrunched his brows. "How is Sam short for Salvatore?"

I shrugged. "How am I supposed to know?"

"Well, you're the one who-"

I cut him off and plopped down on her bed. "What are you guys watching?"

"Don't you have friends?" Sam mocked.

I gasped. "Excuse you. Of course I do. I even have a boyfriend." I replied with a proud smile on my face.

He laughed. "I wanted to ask you about that. What exactly are you holding against him?"

I gasped again and grabbed a pillow to hit him over and over again with.

"How dare you? I'm the only one allowed to hit him." Rev yelled as she started hitting me with another pillow, but I ignored her as I continued hitting him.

"This is physical bullying!" He yelled.

"Well, that was verbal bullying. Apologize."

"Never!"

I jumped on his back as I pressed his head into the sheets. "He's not breathing." Reveka mentioned as she stopped hitting me with the pillow.

I gave her a pointed look. "I noticed." I turned to his blond head and raised it. "Are you ready to apologize now?"

"You monster!" He accused. I dipped his head back into the bed.

"Apologize, you dimwit! I do not plan to move a corpse out my bedroom. They stink." Reveka warned.

I just laughed at that before raising Sam's head back up. "Are you ready to say sorry now, Samantha?"

He turned his head slightly to glare at me and I gave him my award winning smile. "Sorry."

I pretended not to hear him. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

"I said I'm sorry."

I jumped off his back. "Apology denied."

He grumbled as he sat up. "Well aren't you a man." I mocked him.

"I don't hit girls."

Reveka gasped, and I could see a smile playing on his lips as he looked at her. "He hits me!" She turned to me. "I think he likes you."

I turned to him and shrugged. "Who doesn't?"

He gagged. "You two are one and the same."

We shared a look with smiles, and then replied at the same time. "Thank you."

*********

"You're fired."

The next day, after Zane's practice, I asked him to go with me to Tate's before we went out for anything. I needed to quit my job. Seems Benny was more eager to do that for me.