13 : Hiding Them

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. We slept too long, I tell myself, but what did we expect after last night? If we wanted to wake up on time, we shouldn't have gone at it until we passed out.

Looking over, I find Gabe is still asleep. His face is relaxed, a hint of a smile still on his beautiful lips, his hair shuffled every which way. I love seeing him disheveled by my touch, unraveled by my actions. I don't want to think about what consequences may come from this. It was worth it.

Gabe breathes in deeply and his eyes open. He blinks a few times and sees me. "Were you watching me sleep?"

"Yeah," I admit.

He smiles under quizzical eyes. "Do you do that a lot?"

I roll closer to him, brushing my hair out of my face. "I'd like to."

Gabe smiles and presses a soft kiss to my lips.

He settles back on his pillow, his thumb tracing over my smiling lips. I drape my arms around his neck, feeling his morning erection pressed against my thigh.

I pull him closer, reaching down to wrap my hand around him. He hums against my lips, awakening a warmth that soothes the soreness lingering from last night.

We start to get carried away again when there is a knock on the door. He breaks the kiss, his head snapping toward the door. "Gabe!" a woman's voice calls.

He looks back at me in fear. We shuffle around, and in the confusion, I wrap myself in the blanket and fall onto the floor by the bed. I hear the door swing open, freezing even though I'm hidden from view.

"Mom! Don't just walk in!"

"I paid for all of this house, but I'm not allowed to go in certain rooms. Interesting," his mother responds with a joking edge to her voice. I cover my face, saying a silent thank you to the universe that I am hidden from view. "I made your favorite breakfast. It will be ready downstairs in five, my most gracious child."

"I'm sorry, Mom," Gabe sighs. "Thank you for making me breakfast."

"You're welcome. Oh, and I made enough for your friend, too, if they want some." The door shuts and my mortification sets in.

I peek over the side of the bed and find Gabe's expression matches mine. He curls his knees up and buries his face in his hands with a groan.

"I can climb out of the window," I suggest. "She doesn't have to know—"

"Stop it," Gabe says with a laugh. "Are you hungry?"

"Well ... Yeah."

We get dressed and walk downstairs together

We get dressed and walk downstairs together. Gabe looks nervous, but not half as much as I'm feeling. I find Celia at the table, her cute face beaming as she laughs. Gabe's mom looks up.