2. Heart Beat

Mia's pov

"Here comes my favourite child!" Pascale exclaims in joy when I run and wrap my arms around her as she kisses the top of my head.

Pascale and my mother are best friends and growing up, she's always been like a second mother to me, spoiling and considering me as her own daughter. I basically am the daughter she never had. She's always been a figure I look up to and admire. No matter how much I love my mother, Pascale will always have a soft spot in my heart.

"And here I thought I was your favourite!" Charles teases while he carries the luggages inside.

"Mom, you're suffocating her!" Arthur laughs when Pascale won't let me go.

"Ugh...but Arthur I missed her! Look at her! Isn't she beautiful?" She asks while letting me go and giving me a look head to toe while smiling, a few tears starting to form a pool in the corners of her eyes.

"Very." Arthur murmurs behind me.

Once we're done with all the greeting, we all head inside. As I walk through the Leclerc mansion, I look at the walls where pictures of me and the brothers are hung, us as kids and teenagers and I can't help but smile and feel tears threatening to spill from my eyes because of nostalgia. Every little memory I have is associated with this place...and these people.

"Mia, what's the matter?" Arthur asks from behind me and I turn around to look at him.

"Nothing. I'm just happy to be here."

"I'm happy you're here." He says, taking one of my hands and giving me a kiss on top of it.

He's always been so sweet, so gentle. That's what I've always loved about him. I'm glad that hasn't changed.

"You should go take a look at your room." Arthur says and I run up the stairs like a child, towards my room.

When I walk in, I see Charles standing right in the middle.

Oh...I didn't expect him to be in here.

"Is it okay that I left your luggage here?" He asks and I hum back in response, too concentrated on looking around.

I look at some of the posters of my favourite celebrities that are still hung on the wall, my record player, some of my favourite books that I left here still sitting on the shelves, my sketchbook...

"Everything is..."

"Just how you left it?" Charles asks and sits on the edge of my bed.

"Still the same." I say and take one of the photographs that is sitting on my beside table to look at it.

It's a picture of me and Arthur on his 10th birthday. We went to an arcade that day and I pretended that I was bad at playing pinball so I could let Arthur win. I can still remember his excitement when he won...I never ended up telling him that he was terrible at it.

I put the picture back and sit on my bed, next to Charles.

"I thought you guys were planning on turning this into a guest room."

"Yeah we were but..." Charles begins to say and his gaze shifts to the back of my door, where a One Direction poster is hung up, where the members of the band are completely shirtless "That." he says while pointing at it "We should have definitely have taken down." He says while chuckling, his dimples making an appearance.

"Ah, come on!" I say while playfully pushing him "I was fourteen."

"Are you admitting that your faze is over then?" Charles bites his bottom lip, trying not to laugh.