four months in 1000 words.

It's been a year since the whole death. You've honestly never been happier. Spending your days with Sam and Colby , and exploring with them has been the most fun you've had in years. You just kinda wish you were alive with them. It's January 2023. Sam and Colby just got home after going on a trip. "Man, I don't wanna be weird or anything, but my ball hurts like hell." Colby says randomly in the kitchen. You laugh, a bit embarrassed. "What" Sam asks, turning around , clearly flabbergasted. "That was so out of pocket dude, you good?" Sam giggles a little. "No, like I'm not even kidding dude it feels like a bruise, but it's not bruised?!" Colby widens his eyes and shrugs. "Maybe you should get that checked out or something?" Sam said, raising his eyebrow. You agree with Sam and nod your head (even though they can't see you) "Yeah, I don't know." Colby got out a plate and started making a sandwich. "Anyway, why are you still here?" Colby laughs "shouldn't you be in the house YOU share with YOUR girlfriend?" Colby questions as he starts spreading butter on his bread. "Good question." You say, looking at Sam."Yeah about that.. Katrina's been hinting to me that she's ready to take a step further . But I just don't think I'm ready for that you know?" Sam sighs. You frown, Sam and kat were so cute together. I hope this is just a tiny pebble in their relationship. "Oh. Have you told her?" Colby looks up. "No, not yet. I don't want this to destroy our relationship, she's the most amazing girl I've ever met and I want to be with her forever! It's just a lot to take in." Sam rubs his temples. "Yeah I totally understand." Colby says, adding cheese to his sandwich. "Well, a sandwich a day keeps the sadness away!" Colby hands Sam the plate. "Thanks dude." Sam smiles. "You guys are so wholesome" you say smiling. They still cannot hear or see you but, that won't stop your delulu self.

A week after that conversation, Colby goes to the doctors to have them look at his testicles.
He's been in the waiting room for like an hour . But the lady at the reception finally says. "Colby Brock, dr ****** is ready for you, just head over to room 3." Colby stands up and starts walking, he's nervous, to say the least. He opens the door and doctor ****** greets him. You wait for Colby in the waiting room because why on earth would you want to be in the room.
After walking around and making fun of people who can't see you, Colby walks out, he looks extremely pale, it's like he just heard some life changing information. He walks to his car and dials Sam's number. "Hey dude. I just saw the doctor." Colby looks out the window. "Yeah is everything okay?" Sam asks. Colby goes quiet for a few seconds but then replies. "..They think I have cancer." Colby finally says. Sam goes quiet. "Are you ok?" He asks. Colby responds quickly "yeah, I'm gonna be all right." Colby reassures Sam and himself. "Let's get pizza." Colby drives home to Sam.
Your sitting in the passenger seat, completely astonished. You're at a lost for words. You look at Colby, you put a hand on his as he continues moving the steering wheel.
Once you get home, Sam hugs Colby, slightly crying. "Hey! I'm going to be okay, I promise!" Colby hugs Sam back, squeezing him tightly. "I know." Sam sniffles.

Colby posts to tell his fans the situation. His phone is blowing up by support and unconditional love from everyone. You were so proud of how calm Colby was. He wasn't going to waste his time thinking about the sad stuff. He sat down with sam and explained everything. "So, they said I'm lucky that I found it early, they can easily remove the testicle. But I'm still going to have to go through chemotherapy after. Sam nodded and listened intently. "Okay." Sam looked down. "Do you need to take a break from YouTube?" Sam asked. Colby thought for a moment. "No, not yet at least." He smiled and looked at Sam, giving him another hug. At this point you were in tears. They were both handling everything so well, holy shit.

On February 7th, Colby went into surgery. He was good! Really good! He felt positive , and so much better now that it was gone, don't get me wrong, he still needs chemotherapy in case the mass spread to another part of his body. But everything was looking good! Colby was pushed in a wheelchair to Sam's car. "It's the one ball wonder motherfucker! You can't get rid of me that easily!" Colby shouted, getting head from the nurse to sit in the car. You were so happy to see him. You sat in the back. Sam gave Colby a big hug and Colby returned one back. On their way home they stopped by McDonald's as Colby had only eaten gross hospital food for a little while. You were happy he was going home.

Sam and Colby got home. Colby got as much rest as he needed and Sam took care of him wonderfully. You stayed by Colby's side the whole time, even though he didn't know it. A few friends of theirs came by to support him and check on him. Everything was looking good.
It's the middle of March now. Colby's been going through chemotherapy. Yay! He's going to be okay. Colby was at home and Sam was at the house he lived in with Katrina. you got bored and decided to visit Sam and kat. They were on the couch watching a movie. "Cute!" You thought to yourself. You started to get into the movie when Katrina started talking to Sam. "I want us to take a step further." Kat looked up at Sam and started smiling. "W-well i-i mean same! But, like, when do you want to..?" Sam stuttered. "I don't know. I just think now is a good time to get married." Kat sat up so she was now beside Sam. "Well, yeah, I guess. But i-i just don't know?" Sam shook. You decided to leave, you were nosy, but you thought you should give them some privacy, they literally had no Idea you were there but like- still.

It's the end of April. It feels like these last four months have gone by in 1000 words. Which really isn't that much. Sam and kat are at their house. They sat on the dining table with a cup of coffee both in their hands, you sat in the seat across from them. "I know you want to take a step further.." Sam spoke up. "But..I'm not sure if I'm ready.." Sam looked up at Katrina who frowned a little. "I know.." Katrina almost whispered. "That's why I think, you should find someone who wants that right now. You need someone emotionally available, and I don't think I am." Sam said, tapping his cup slightly. "You, were the most beautiful, amazing girl I've ever met.. but I think it's time I let you go. I love you kat, I always have and I always will." Sam cried a little. You were sobbing. Katrina wiped tears from her eyes. "I love you too Sam." She held his hand and he held hers. "Best friends forever?" Katrina smiled a little. "Yeah, for sure." Sam squeezed her hand. This was too much for you. You wiped your tears and went back to Colby. You were so upset. They were the best couple you've ever seen. But maybe it's for the best.
Around may, Sam and kat posted a video explaining the breakup.

Sam moved back in with Colby.
They were sitting on the couch together.
"You're always going to be my best friend, you know?" Colby reminded Sam. "Same here." Sam smiled.