❁ bonus chapter

read the author's note at the end! 💜

BONUS CHAPTER 

-------------- ★ --------------

 SEVENTEEN YEARS LATER...

"Say cheese!"

"Appa, no," Nari rolled her eyes, groaning, as Taehyung insisted on taking another picture of her. "I already posed for Moonie like a million times."

Taehyung huffed, narrowing his eyes at her. "Precisely. Do you really want to deny one of your Appas and not the other?"

Nari glared at him, and he glared back, neither of them willing to admit defeat.

"It's scary," Namjoon commented, as the pair of you watched this exchange take place on the Seoul National University campus lawns. "They have exactly the same stare."

"I know," you nodded, relaxing into his hold as he snaked an arm around your waist. "It's the amber eyes. They're terrifying."

Eventually, Taehyung raised the camera and snapped one more picture, though whether Nari was smiling in it was questionable. He gazed at her in pride. "My baby girl, all grown up!" he declared dramatically.

"Aish, Appa, you're such a drama queen," she rolled her eyes. "It's just my graduation day."

At first, it had been unclear if Taehyung would make it to Nari's graduation. He was filming abroad - his career had skyrocketed into the Western film industry, and now he was auditioning for a role in a huge Hollywood franchise. But this morning he had arrived in a bluster of activity right before the ceremony started, grinning his boxy smile that hadn't faded in allure one bit, even at the ripe old age of 44.

"You made it! I thought you had an audition?" you asked him, as he clambered down the row of the university's main hall to sit beside you. You could hear the excited whispers flying up around the hall at the fact that the Kim Taehyung was in the building, especially among the women.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at you as he sat down. "Are you kidding me? Missing something for an audition? I'm not making that mistake again," he'd said indignantly.

You and Namjoon had burst out laughing at that. 

Now, as the families and graduates gathered on the lawns after the ceremony, you felt like you could relax. Nari had been stressed all morning, about her hair and her dress and whether her friends would be there, but now she seemed happy - despite Taehyung's nagging. After all, she had just graduated top of her class from SNU; just like you and Namjoon. 

"So," Namjoon said to her now, smiling at her proudly. "Are you ready for adult life, Nar? The big bad world of publishing?"

Nari smiled, trying to appear confident though you knew she was nervous about her new job. 

After all these years, she'd kept her promise. Once she'd set her sights on working in publishing she had never strayed. She wanted to be an editor - like Moonie. 

As close as Nari and Taehyung had grown over the years, you knew she had a special affinity for Namjoon. There was no blood bond needed between them. They were so alike, regardless of biology. And you knew that Namjoon was bursting with pride to have her follow in his career footsteps.