||~ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖~||

(Guys the P didn't get the message)

"People are dying, the fault is our own." America sings with the song softly. He couldn't stop feeling like it was his fault. In his own eyes, it was.

Meanwhile, downstairs, his parents could be heard screaming at each other. He didn't mind. He didn't mind it at all..

There was just one thing bothering him..

One small, tiny, thing..

His siblings were in the same room as them, bound to get injured. He could care less about their stupid arguments, it were the fights.

"MOM! STOP! THIS ISN'T YOU! " He hears Canada scream. The desperation in his brother's voice pained him. 

Canada kept begging downstairs. America heard the desperate pleas, it tore him apart. He was still singing, but lowered his voice so not even he could hear.

Right now, he didn't want to hear his disappointing voice. It was all his fault his parents were arguing. He heard his mom yell. 'Oh no.' he thought, as he heard a sound.

Not any sound, but..

Glass shattering.

He knew things would only get worse. The words that were once quietly pouring out of his mouth were slowing, soon stopping. 

Another crash was heard. He tried screaming for them to stop, but he was just paralyzed. His mind flashed with thoughts of the time he tried to intervene.

There was a loud sound, an unidentifiable one. He had heard it from his room. He went downstairs to make sure everything was okay. When he made it to the kitchen, he saw it was the exact opposite of what he was hoping for. Canada was cowering in fear, France towering over him. Tears ran out of Canada's face like he was a broken faucet. Britain had just stood in the corner. He had experienced a wide range of emotions, relief, sadness, anger, aggression, and..

..Pure fear.

France was going to hit Canada again, but America ran in front of Canada. Despite America being the favorite child back then, France swung. Over and over again. Blood was everywhere. He was in severe pain, but did nothing.

After all, it would be foolish to not save someone. He was taught to put others before him.

America soon fell to the floor. This was Britain's breaking point. He pushed France away, right before she could take another swat at Canada and America's body. He was unsure if it was going to be their dinner tomorrow, or if he would see the light of day again.

Ever since that one day, Britain had been considering a divorce. Every time he offered for one, she would give a terrible excuse. 

America was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Canada's distressed shrieks. Canada howled, " MAKE IT STOOP!

America heard the cries. He couldn't bear to see his brother like this. He had to put an end to it somehow.

(Hello, my silly little goobers. This will reappear in a later chapter. It was actually going to be much more different, smth like

"Canada, a 17 year old boy, has found a love interest. His brother's enemy's brother, Ukraine. He wants to hook up with Ukraine, despite his homophobic parents." And that's all I had, but I didn't like it lmao

Plus having America as the Main Character would be fun. The other chapters will be longer and there might be holiday specials so stay tuned for those.

Word count: 555)