Chapter 1: Leaving

~April 5, 2003 at 1:30 PM~

Kageyama POV

"Tobio are you ready to go?" Miwa asked, I put on my jacket before running down stairs. Once I got there I saw Miwa standing near the door I sat down next to her and put on my shoes "Hang on Miwa I to put on my shoes." I said, as I put them on before standing up. I heard her sigh before I looked at her "What are you going to do without me." She mumbled, I pouted at her "I heard that!" I said, before she messed with my hair.

"You know I'm just kidding." She said, before we walked out the house so we can go to this family restaurant called Kohaku. It a restaurant and they have a karaoke in the corner of the restaurant which I love to sing a song there. It so much fun and the singer gets to eat for free.

We walked all the way from to Kohaku once we got there Miwa opened the door and we went inside. I saw people talking or eating their food but I saw the stage that was in the corner and I went over there.

But we had to make sure that the owner was okay with me singing today. "Hello Kohaku-san." Miwa said, as we stand in front of cash register "Hello little ones. How are ya?" He asked "We're good. So is the stage good for today?" She asked "Yep and there is a special guest in the room today so don't cause to much trouble." He said, we nodded our head before leaving to the stage.

We got to the stage and started to pick out a song that I want to sing. Once the song was picked I on the stool and waited for the announcement for me to sing. "Alright everyone it time for our singer to sing their song for tonight!" The person said and everyone turned to me.

"Give it up for Kageyama Tobio!" They said, before everyone started to clap or cheer for me. Then I started to sing a cover of one destiny child's songs. After I singed the song everyone started to cheer for me and I got up from the stool. Then I went to Miwa who was clapping for me "You did a great job as always Tobi." She said, as she stopped clapping.

I smiled at her and we started to talk about things before our food came. I always love this part of the day where our parents are not here fighting or causing problems with each other.

It was just Miwa and I at peace with each other in a family restaurant who always welcome us. But someone came up to us while we were talking "Um excuse me?" They said, we looked towards the person before looking at each other then back at the guy. "Yes?" Miwa said, while looking at the guy suspiciously "Well I would like to talk to you both about that lovely performance since you." He said, while pointing at me "Did a lovely job at." He said.

"Okay...?" She said, I just nodded my head "Great! Well my name is Alex Maldonado it nice to meet you." He said with a smile "My name is Miwa Kageyama and this is my little brother Tobio Kageyama." She said, as look at him because she still didn't trust him as much. "Well I was talking to you two about an offer." He said, which made us curious "What kind of offer?" She asked, as he handed us both a card.

"It a singing career and I want you to try it out if you want to." He said while looking at me. 'I could do this or still become a volleyball player.' I thought while looking at the card and looking at the guy. "You don't have to choose right now but if you ever change your mind you can call right here." He said, before getting up from his seat. "You could become a great star one day." He said, before leaving us alone.

Which I had stars in my eyes before looking at Miwa and she sighed "Maybe in two or three years okay." She said, I nodded my head. Then the food came and we started to dig in because it was our favorites. After a few minutes of eating we took the rest to go and left the restaurant since our meal was for free.

Once we were out of that restaurant we walked home and I really didn't want to but I have to go there. We got home and Miwa unlocked the front door before opening it. Then we walked inside and I saw mother sitting near the dinning table. Father sitting on the couch watching TV but I didn't really care. I took off my shoes and walked to my room so I can get away from them before they start fight again.

I got to my room and I slightly closed my door because I was tired so I went to my bed and laid there not caring about anything right now. Then pulled out the card that the guy gave me and looked at it 'Just in case something happened.' I thought, before sitting up and placing it in my drawer. 'What is Miwa doing right now?' I thought as I laid back down on my bed.

~Meanwhile with Miwa~

Miwa POV

After Tobio went to his room I went to the kitchen to place the food away into the fridge. Then I heard the TV turned off and I knew Dad turned it off. After I was done placing the food away I was trying go up stairs until  I stopped "Miwa." Dad said, I turned to him. "Yes Father?" I asked not wanting to get in trouble "Come here we need to talk." He said, as he went near the dinning table and sat down across Mom.

What did I do?!' I thought, as I went to the dinning room and sat down in a seat. "Your mother and I want to talk to you about your future college so you can become a doctor." He said with Mom nodding her head in agreement. But I just looked at them dumbfounded because I didn't want become a doctor or anything like that I want become a hairdresser one day.

"So we are planning on signing you up in-" He said, but I didn't like these plans "No." I said, because I want to plan my own career. "What do you mean no?" Mom asked while they looked at me "I mean is that I'm not going to follow your plans I want to become a hairdresser!" I said as I stand up from my seat.

"You will follow my rules or you will be kicked out of this house!" Dad yelled, which made me shocked. "It your choice." He said, I looked at him in the eyes "I would rather be kicked out." I said, before running up stairs so I can pack my things so I can leave with grandpa.

I took my phone and started to call Grandpa and I told him what happened. Then I after the call I started to pack my things and I found my other phone that I hid away if my phone got broken. "Miwa?" Someone said and I turned my head to see Tobio in my door way. "Are you going leave forever?" He asked with tears in his eyes and I ran to him.

"I'm not going to leave forever but I'm going to stay with grandpa so you don't have to worry." I said as I hugged him. "Here." I said as I gave him my other phone "Use this to called me or 011 for emergency." I said as I gave him the phone before letting him go. Then I looked at him with my pinky in front of him "Once I'm out of here I promise to get you soon then we can live with grandpa together okay." I said, his pinky lock in with mine "Okay, now can you help me pack?" I asked, "Okay." He said, then we started to pack my things in to a suitcase.

After a few minutes we heard a honk outside the house then I turned to Tobio. "Okay Tobio it time for me to go but I will get you soon okay." I said, before I hugged him and grabbing my things. I went down stairs and I went to the front door then I place my things in the car before looking at the house.

'I'll save you soon Tobio...'