Chapter 2: A Decision

~August 16, 2003 7:48 PM~

Kageyama POV

It been a five month since Miwa left and I have to with our parents for a while now. But I stayed at home writing songs in my journal on the floor that Miwa gave me on my 6th birthday.

I called Miwa about three times a week so we can keep each other updated about things. It's fun to talk to her but I think I want to call the guy from the pizza shop. But I don't know because she said it two or three years but I want to do it now.

I just sighed and closed my journal before getting up from the floor then I place my journal on to my bed. Then I was about to walk out of my room until I heard yelling and things being thrown. "Why can't you just listen to me for once!" Mom said, "Oh if I listen to you; you will ruin it again like the other one!" Dad said, as I listen to their argument. I just sat down near the door and listened to them fight "If you don't let me do this then I'm leaving!" Mom said, "Fine then leave I don't need you anyways!" Dad said, then I got up from the floor and sat down on my bed. I heard a something slammed down stairs which got me scared. Then I heard footsteps coming closer to my room and the door slammed open.

"Get up and come down stairs now." Dad said, before leaving my room I got up from my bed and went down stairs. Once I got down stairs to see Dad standing there with a ruler and a belt in his hands.

"Tobio come here." Dad said, I went up to him "Ruler or belt?" He asked, "Ruler..." I said, then he sets the belt on to the table. "Okay put your hand in front of me." He said, I put my left hand in front him then he started to hit my hand.

3rd POV

After a few minutes of hitting Kageyama with the ruler he finally stopped after Kageyama's turn black and blue. "Fix yourself up and make me dinner later." Kageyama's Dad said, before leaving Kageyama crying while holding his hand. Then Kageyama went up stairs to the bathroom and turn on the sink before placing his hand under the water.

Then he looked for the first aid kit and ibuprofen before he closes the sink. He took them to his room and started fix his hand then taking some ibuprofen for the pain. Once Kageyama was done he placed all the supplies back into the kit before getting up with in his hands. He went to the bathroom and put back before going down stairs.

Kageyama saw his Dad on the couch watching some show on the TV. Then Kageyama went to the kitchen to get started cooking because his sister teached him how to cook when she was in cooking classes.

Now he knows how to cook and bake a few things but he was happy about it. He opened the fridge to see what's inside and there was nothing much inside the fridge. He closed it and went to his Dad who was on the couch still. "Dad?" Kageyama said, his dad looked at him "What?" He said, looking back at the TV. "There is no food in the fridge can I go to the store to buy more." Kageyama asked, his Dad went into his wallet and gave Kageyama money.

"Here and hurry back because I'm hungry." He said, "Thank you." Kageyama said, and he took the money from his hand and put it in his pocket before going to the front door. Kageyama put on his shoes before leaving the house. He knows there is pizza in the fridge but that for himself not his dad's so he walked all the way the store to get some things.

Kageyama POV

I made it to the store and I grabbed a basket and went through the aisles to look for ingredients for dinner. Then I grabbed the things before looking for some drinks and snacks for the house. I was in the cool section and looked at the drinks then I saw the milk 'What milk should I get?' I thought to myself as I looked.

I saw my favorite brand of milk and it came in a pack of six so I took it. Before placing it in my basket before heading to the cash register with the basket in my hands. Even though it hurts I still manage to make it work out.

The guy at the register scanned my things before putting them in to bags. "That will be $25.55 please." He said, and I went into my pocket to see how I got it was enough. "Here you go." I said, while handing him the money. "Here is your change and have a nice day." He said, while handing me my change. "You too." I said, before I took the bags of things I needed and left the store. Then I went back home with groceries in my hands.

'I got to hurry before Dad gets mad at me.' I thought, as I jogged home so I don't be late to make dinner.

Once I got back I went inside the house and I took off my shoes before going into the kitchen. Then I place the bags on the counter before taking out the food. I placed the food in the fridge except the ingredients for dinner. I took out the rice cooker, a pan, a cutting board, and seasoning.

"Okay let me start prepping the food." I mumbled, before I prepare the vegetables then the chicken. Then washed my hands before I grab some rice and started to wash it.

After I was done washing the rice I filled it up with water then added some salt. I placed it in the rice cooker and turned it on before I place the pan on to the stove. Then I turn on the stove before I place oil on to it.

"Now I got to cook the vegetables then the chicken." I said, as I grabbed the cutting board and I put the chicken and vegetables on to the pan. Before I added seasoning to it then I stirred it with a spatula before leaving it alone. I went to the counter to grab a bowl and grabbed my ingredients for my sauce. I placed them all in to the bowl before putting them away.

Then I grabbed the bowl and place the sauce on to the chicken and vegetables. After that I started to low down the fire before string the food until it done.

*Beep Beep Beep* and I turned around to see the rice cooker making that noise. I stopped string and went to the rice cooker I checked to see if it was done. I fluffed it up before taking a taste of it "Okay it full cooked." I said, before walking to one of the cabinet to get two bowls. I placed the rice into the bowls before going to the stove and turned off the fire.

Then I placed the chicken and vegetables on top of the rice before going to the table. "Dad dinner is ready!" I said, before I went to the fridge and grab a beer and my favorite brand of milk. I grabbed two sets of chopsticks before going to the dinning room to see Dad at the table.

The food:

I placed them onto the table before sitting in a chair across from him

I placed them onto the table before sitting in a chair across from him. "Itadakimasu." We said, before eating our food in completely silence.

After we were done eating Dad got up from his seat "Make sure to clean up." He said, before leaving me to clean. Then I started to clean everything in the dinning room and I the kitchen before going to my room.

Once I got to my room I went to my drawer and opened it then I grabbed my card. "I'm sorry Miwa but I really need this." I mumbled, before grabbing the my phone. I dialed the number on to my phone and put it up to my ear. -Hello your call Starstruck how may I help you?- They said, "Hello I will like to talk to Alex Maldonado." I said, -Okay just give me your name and I will see was I can do.- They said, "Okay." I said, then I waited for a few minutes.

-This is Alex Maldonado how may help you?- He said, "Hello this is Tobio Kageyama from the pizza shop." I said, -Oh right the boy with the beautiful voice. How may I help you?- He said. I took a deep breath before looking at the card.

"I would like to take your offer for that singer position please."