Chapter 22

Kalmar embraced Janner in a tight hug before running back into the castle to finish preparing for the Greenhills arrival.

Janner brushed himself off from the leaves left on him and started walking toward the garden. When he arrived a short while later, he saw Sara planting a rose with his back faced to him.

Slowly creeping up behind her he said: "Guess who's going on a date tonight?"

She startled, jumping up from her knees to face him.

"Janner!" Sara said giving him a playful push. Galya, who was gardening beside her laughed at the couple.

"Well, guess." He said.

"I don't know, us?" She said giving him a smile.

"Kalmar Wingfeather."

Out of the corner of his eye, Janner saw Galyas smile fade and her face drop.

Sara gave a surprised laugh, "Nuh uh. You actually were successful in teaching him how to talk to girls."

"Yup. He's in the castle now practicing his lines for Moriah." Janner said.

In the distance the heard the faint ringing of a bell.

"They're here!" The couple said in unison. "C'mon! We need to go tell Kal!" He said excited for the scene to roll out.

Dashing up the stairs yelling: "Kal!" Janner and Sara arrived at his brother's room. 

"What? I'm busy practicing my lines." Kalmar faced them opening the door.

"The Greenhills are here!" Sara said with a grin.

 Kalmar muttered "Oh Maker help me." as the couple ran off laughing with glee.

"Meet you at the docks!" They yelled.

Janner and Sara stood with the rest of the Wingfeather family at the docks as a large sailboat approached, ringing it's bell as a signal of its arrival. 

Kalmar anxiously tapped his foot on the wood as the ringing grew louder, Leeli scowled at Janner with Thorn holding the restless puppy, and Nia was looking proud and queenly.

Finally, the boat docked, and the anchor was dropped as a small family climbed down.

The first to drop down was Adam and Beth, they were the owners of their family business: Greenhill Traders and Trinkets.

Pt 2

"It sure is nice to be back in Anneria, right Beth?" Adam said in his hearty voice.

Suddenly another figure dropped down revealing Rosy Greenhill wearing saggy tan pants and a loose white shirt. She was the cousin of Moriah and moved out at the age of fourteen to travel with her uncle and aunt.

"A pleasure to be back your Majesty." She said with a slight bow.

Kalmar nodded a greeting towards them and asked, "My I ask where Moriah is?" 

"Oh, one of the cats on the ship had a box fall on his tail before we docked, she's just fixing him up and then she'll be right out." Beth said with a smile.

At that moment a girl Kal's age cautiously stepped down the ladder holding a black cat with white bandages wrapped around it tail.

Kal's face melted into a sheepish grin as Moriah stepped forward towards her family.

"Hello King Kalmar." She said.

"H-h-hi Moriah." Kal said.

Janner felt his hand go to his face. His brother was stuttering, not a good way to start.

Sara put a hand on his shoulder in a comforting gesture. It did not help.

"It is great to have such wonderful people like you back. Please let us escort you to your quarters." Nia interjected to break the tension.

"Thank you, Nia." Adam said.

Nia smiled and said, "Unfortunately, the Breakfast and Beds inn you usually stay at is renovating, so we invite you to stay at the castle rysen." 

"That is too kind of you, we cannot except." Beth said sounding awfully surprised. 

"We insist." Kal said.

They walked to the two houndricks and discussed who should ride in which.

"Adam, Beth, Leeli, Thorn and, I will be riding in one. You, Kalmar, Morah, Sara and, Rosy will ride in the other." Nia said to Janner.

____________________________________________________

I'll get more out later! But now TheShipArtSailor will do her favorite thing...

Rant.

So yesterday my parents reminded me once again about how stupid of a child I was.

When I was four my dad took me to a baseball game, and I was so happy. During the middle of the game, they did this thing during the brake where they just randomly threw out baseballs and my dad was lucky enough to catch one. So, when he handed me this cloth that held a baseball inside, four-year-old me had the audacity to ask, "Is it a puppy?"

LIKE GIRL THEY JUST HIT THIS THING WITH A BAT INTO A CROWD FULL OF RANDOM STRANGERS, NO ITS NOT A PUPPY.