Chapter 23

Janner nodded to his mother in agreement before climbing into the houndrick.

He was closely followed by Kal, Sara, Moriah and Rosy.

Sara sat next to him with a smile while Rosey and Moriah sat beside kalmar.

His brother flashed a look of panic as Moriah gave him a cheery smile. The cat she was still holding gave Kal a side-eye as hard as steel and a soft growl came out of its throat.

Janner wondered how a cat could so closely resemble his mother when he got on her bad side, but he didn't have much time to ponder before the houndrick started to roll into a steady bumping rhythm.

It was silent for a moment with the only exception being the cat, before Rosy decided to break the ice.

"So, Janner Sara, I heard you are engaged. Is it true?"

He smiled and said, "Yes, on Saras birthday."

"Aww, that's so sweet. You're very lucky to have him, Sara." 

She nodded and their hands laced together.

"You two are awfully quiet. Are you in shock that your together again?" Janner said cheekily.

Surprisingly it was Moriah who looked uncomfortable in this moment. Usually, she would laugh at his silly attempts to get them together.

Kal glanced at him with a look like 'Seriously, don't. I could have you sent to the darkest pit for eternity.' And Rosy flashed him a warning look.

Moriah forced a smile and looked at Kalmar, "So, how's your kingly duty's been going?"

Kal smiled back, "Oh, ever so kingly."

She laughed at that as the houndrick came to a stop.

Janner open the door and helped Sara and Rosy out while Kal helped Moriah.

He looked at the empty houndrick and front of theirs and assumed that everyone was back.

Sara saw where he was looking and her shoulders slumped.

"What's wrong?" 

"Leeli's going to still be mad at us."

He let out a sigh remembering their dumb prank.

"I've never seen her this angry before. Heck! I've never seen her angry! What if she never forgives us?"

He forced a positive smile, "That won't happen."

She mimicked his forced smile before in was replaced by a look of sadness.

They walked into the castle and glanced around.

Nia walked in and handed the Greenhills each a pillow and two blankets and told them the direction to their rooms.

"Go show Moriah to her room." Janner whispered in Kalmars ear.

He thought for a moment, then dashed after her and her cat who were already half-way up the stairs.

"Lets go apologize to Leeli." Janner said.

His mother must have over-heard him because she asked "What would you apologize to her for?"

He explained how they had spied on Leeli and Thorns date and how their cover was blown by a twig.

Nia looked at him mischievously.

"What did you do." Janner said in a fearful tone.

"I was spying on them too."

"HUMANAWHATA?" Sara said with surprise. As 'humanawhata' echoed through the halls of the palace she blushed with embarrassment.

"And I was watching you as well."

He laughed at his mother, "So did she find you out?"

"I'm stealthier than you think. I didn't survive ten years in a Fang infested world with three children by being as hidden as a black cow during the day." 

"Have you told her yet?" Sara stepped in with her cheeks at a regular shade.

"No. I think it might be a way to cheer her up so she's a bit more open minded to forgive you."

"Sound like a good plan." Sara said glancing at Janner with a bit more of a confident twinkle in her eye.