Chapter 1

Kitty's (Catarina) POV:

Today marks exactly eight years since my mother abandoned me and my sister. I've changed from that weak girl who only had her sister to lean on. It was hard being abandoned and watching as my sister took to self destructive ways.

It took two years before we finally settled into a kind of normal. We made friends, for once a diffrent group of friends. We also started relying more on out own ability to care for our selfs. Aunt Reilly is a great women but she isn't motherly and is to old to be dealing with the raising of children, well now teens.

It was the last week of summer vacation which means aunt Reilly would be back home. In the summer she heads on her own Vacation with her friends. When she gets home it means me and Ducky have to go back to her house. During the beginning of summer me and Ducky both went to month long summer camps. However this past month we have been jumping between our friends houses.

Currently I'm staying at my friend Zoey's and if I'm to be honest she is my best friend out of our group. Our friend group is made of four other girls, Megan, Alice, Ayako, and Kira. As it's the last week of Summer vacation we plan on getting set for the new school year and then go crazy.

Today was Friday and we start school the Monday after next. It was very bright and extremely hot here in Arizona. I awoke to the loud snoring to my left, snores that could only come from Zoey. Let me tell you when I say that girl snores loud think of a heavy thunderstorm because that is exactly what she sounds like.

Since I'm awake and clearly not going back to sleep, because of a certain someone, I head to take a cool shower. After I finish my very refreshing shower I start rummaging through Zoey's closet. I find a short white tennis skirt, and a plain light pink crop top, well it would have been a crop top on Zoey but works as a full shirt on me. Zoey has bigger breasts than me so most of her tops don't fit right on me. Her pants and skirts however are a very diffrent topic.

I then put my hair up in a slick ponytail, put on some lipgloss, and lastly finish with some light pink flip flops. I then proceeded to rub my self down in strong sun screen. I had made the mistake of forgetting sun once and learned my lesson real quick.

Once I have finished I decide it's time to wake up Zoey."Zoey there's a Cricket on you," I scream. I watch as she bolts straight up and of the bed screaming until she realizes that there is no Cricket. "Kitty you bitch, you know how much I hate Crickets," she says stomping her foot. I laugh before telling her to get ready as I'm headed out the room.

By the time I get downstairs I meet by Mr. Moore who is laughing and Mrs. Moore who looks a tad concerned. "Good morning dear," Ms. Moore says giving me a hug. "Morning Sunshine," Mr. Moore says. Both have treated me like family for the last seven years and have became my family.

"Gooood Morning," I say very cheerfully. Then I hear, " Mom were heading out talk later." I guess Zoey was quick but she still looks just as flawless. Her hair is pin straight, she has a baby blue tank top that stops just above her belly button, white shirts, and blue flip-flops. Her makeup is shiny blue eyeshadow and clear lipgloss. Zoey then grabs me by my arm and drags me out of the house as I say bye and Mrs. Moore gives us our book bags.

Me and Zoey make our way to our usual morning stop. The best bakery around called Cafè presto. It also happens to be the place were my sister and her friends come in the morning. After eating and having something to drink we usally discuss our plans for the day.