At The Top of The Ferris Wheel

The carnival was lit up. Throughout the area, you could hear people screaming and laughing and talking. In the background, you could hear the rodeo, the announcer talking excitedly about the current bareback rider. And, in the center of all of the fair time shenanigans stood the Ferris Wheel, in all its glory, spinning slowly and glowing like a Christmas tree.

Jared tugged Ella behind him, racing towards that Ferris Wheel. He was excited. He loved seeing the world from up so high.

"Jared, please- Slow down. Can't... breathe." Ella huffed, trying to keep up with Jared. Jared slowed slightly, but not by much.

Finally, the two were in line. Jared was practically bouncing with excitement. 

Ella stared up at the Ferris Wheel, and then glanced down at her broken arm, and realized:

I can't go up there.

"Jared I can't-"

"I won't let you fall, I promise." Jared smiled. At that moment, the eighteen year old boy looked just like an enthusiastic little kid, and Ella couldn't bring herself to tell Jared no. 

Ella forced a smile on her face. She puffed out the front of her shirt and crossed her arms over her chest, and glanced again at the soaring reminder of what she'd done. All heights did that to her, made her think of it.

Jared pulled Ella forward and into the cart of the Ferris Wheel. They sat down opposite each other and the ride began to move again, slowly. 

"You feel far away." Ella said, tapping her fingers on her knees. Jared smiled and moved to sit next to her. 

"Better?" He asked.

"Yea- ah!" The cart stopped at the top of the wheel abruptly. Ella reached for something, anything to hold on to. That something was Jared's hand. 

"I, um, uh. Sorry, I'll, I- I'll stop-" She pulled her hand away and took a deep breath. Jared glanced at her, feeling a little put down. He stared at her with a strange expression, one that Ella couldn't comprehend. 

"Can I try something?" Jared asked suddenly, startling Ella a bit. 

Ella shrugged. "Don't rock the cart."

"Okay." Jared scooted a little closer to Ella and touched a hand to her face. He touched his lips to hers gently, not wanting to force it upon her. He wanted to give her a choice. 

And she kissed him back gladly while they sat there at the top of the Ferris Wheel. 

"That was... nice." Ella said in a quiet voice. Jared said nothing, just looked at her like she meant everything to him. 

Though the carnival noises were surrounding them, the moment felt quiet. 

"I really like you, El." Jared said.

"I really like you too." Ella said, but her brain was screaming at her.

He won't like you anymore if he finds out. If you tell him. It's not worth it to try, even, really.

Ella's breathing sped up. 

"Are you alright?" Jared asked. 

"I'm fine. Great, really. That was just... my first time."

"Oh." Jared smiled, as if he was proud of that. 

"What now?"

"I, uh. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Ella took a deep breath and made a decision. 

"Boyfriend." 

"What?" 

"I c-can't be your girlfriend. I'm n-not a girl. I mean, I know I have boobs and stuff, but I c-can't- I'm not... It's, like, how I feel. Like I was born into the wrong body. I don't- I didn't want to say it out loud, didn't, uh, want to tell you, but... I just really like you a lot and I didn't want to lie to you so there it is, please don't hate me."

"El-"

"Evan."

"Evan." Jared corrected himself. "Slow down, alright? It's okay. Not that you need me to validate you or anything. But... I could never, ever hate you."

Evan shrugged, trying hard to not display his emotions. He didn't want Jared to see him as weak. 

"Evan?"

"Yeah?"

"I would be honored to have you as a boyfriend."

A/N: Guys don't judge me for how many times I'll probably end up writing trans Evan because I love trans Evan and yes. Hope ur liking these

Sincerely, Me