Your First School Dance: Getting Ready

Oh dear, tonight is your first school dance? Gurl, I can help.

1. Everyone will ask you and you will ask everyone if they are going to the dance. It's just how it goes.

2. These aren't usually formal or ones that you have to ask boys or boys ask girls to go to the dance with them. This is a let's-have-a-bunch-of-kids-with-raging-hormones-into-one-gym-together-with-music-and-see-what-happens dance. Yeah, it's kinda crazy and weird, yet fun.

3. Feel free to dress up, but wear something that you can dance in, or else you'll just have to sit awkwardly to the side with all the popular girls who are on their phones.

4. You CAN wear makeup, but no one will really notice, there will most likely be funky lighting or strobe lights.

5. One of my favorite things to do after a school dance is have a sleepover with my bestie, so if that's the case, go over to their house with your stuff to get ready and then go to the dance. If they come to your house, have them bring all their stuff to get ready beforehand as well.

6. Show up at the right time or else your friends will think that you changed your mind about coming.

7. You should probably wear something that you can get slightly sweaty in and it won't be noticeable, because you will be dancing for a while and you don't want to look like you just ran a mile in your best dress.

I will continue this! Anyway, I will be posting a new chapter to this guide every chance I get so right now I'm just rapid-fire-updating. Remember, questions are ALWAYS welcome!