23: Comforting

*September*

Pitch’s lips were warm against yours, as was the taste of crisp autumn air nearing the end of the summer. The late afternoon sun pouring into the lair through the above opening in streams was not stopping you from staying in bed for another few hours. You lay on your side with your arms around his form, his fingers wound in your hair as he tucked a lock behind your ear. Hands fumbled teasingly under remaining clothing. The cool air brought goosebumps to your skin each time more was exposed past the cozy insulation of the blankets. Six months of knowing one another - four of those spent living with each other - had taken down a few boundaries. Plus, the occasional stop back home for you to update to your folks that you were still doing well living with friends and working a new job (and also to pick up a certain diploma that had finally arrived in the mail) didn’t hurt.

Jagged teeth tugged at your lower lip. You shifted yourself closer under the covers at this as though the fabric of your nightshirt could be pressed any further against Pitch’s bare upper body. One of your legs snaked boldly under the dark silk covers with the bend of your knee to lift over his hip and drape upon his thigh. The skin of your leg brushed over the remaining clothing covering his lower half. Your hands felt his shoulder blades, running across the pale lean muscle to drop a hint that you were both still far too overdressed.

“You’re terrible at telling me what you want sometimes,” he murmured against your lips.

“And you’re terrible at giving me some things I want, you know?” You replied. His gravelly chuckle vibrated against your mouth. Lips curling upward into a smile, you tilted your head up to plant another kiss. He quickly followed, forming a rhythm in the making.

Recconnect. Disconnect. Recconnect.

The wet pop of your detaching lips sounded throughout the room in between kisses. It wasn’t long before you had to pause to take a breath. (E/c) eyes opened to look up into glowing ecliptic ones just inches away.

“I know you’re holding back,” you whispered.

“Awfully pushy, are we?” Pitch’s expression drew into a satisfied smirk. Before you could lean into him again, his hand at the side of your face pulled away. He then began to readjust in his position so that he could push himself up from under the covers and lean against the headboard, your hands sliding away from his shoulders. This prompted you to do the same, lifting yourself out of your side-lying position to shift into a new placement where you sat upright beside him. Legs stretched out beneath the sheets for the first time since waking up a few hours prior.

Once you were comfortable, you let out an exhale as you tilted your head until it was resting in the crook between Pitch’s neck and shoulder. You snaked an arm closer while turning slightly toward him until you were wrapping it around the skin of his waist. He accepted, gingerly reaching with his own arm to rest over yours so they were linked securely. He then slowly let his head tilt as well for it to rest gently upon yours, keeping yours in place at his shoulder.

“What ever happened to the Pitch who was always showing me new things?” You asked softly, craning your neck to glance up at him. He hummed in amusement.

“Perhaps good things come to those who wait.”

You rolled your eyes jokingly and grinned to yourself while tossing your head back lightly against him. Some topics were still on shaky ground given the circumstances. Neither of you were absolutely certain yet of your true identity. You had grown closer though still knew to maintain a specific distance in case of the possibility of no longer wanting to get too close. You didn’t have a name for such a situation either being that it seemed to sit somewhere in between ‘boyfriend’ and ‘alliance.’ Mornings like these were growing more common at which you would awaken and proceed to spend the next few hours lying together only mostly clothed. Sometimes similarly would take place at night before dozing off.