𝙾𝚗𝚎 | 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝙲𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍'𝚜 𝙱𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚢

"I've never seen anyone as hopeless as you."

Soobin's POV

A sound of the bell is heard throughout the bakery. I see my grandfather standing there waiting for me.

"You're late Soobin-ah." My grandfather says.

"Joesonghabnida hal-abeoji." ( Sorry Grandpa) I bowed while I was panting heavily.

"Get ready for work." He said as he left the bakery.

I put on my apron. The smell of freshly made bread fills the store. I'm Choi Soobin I'm the grandson of the owner of Cupid's Bakery. It recived It's title from students. A lot of students go here to look for their partners. Infact there was a rumor that Cupid is here that he makes sure no one will go out without a date.

I never believed it for almost two years of working here. I've never had a girlfriend.

I finished my shift

"Oh it's already closed?" A girl said.

"I can get you something if you want." I said.

"That would be great if you don't mind." She said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"A croissant, Cinnamon Bun and Iced Americano." She said.

"Five minutes is that okay?" I asked.

These are my favorite too how odd.

"Absolutely." She answered.

I have her the food for take out.

"Gamsahabnida!" She said before running off.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Lia's POV

So this is the feeling. I exited the plane making my way to the lobby. It's been 2 years Korea! I studied at Canada for a long time and I'm just happy to be back home.

"Eonnie." I heard a familiar voice.

"Lee Chaeryeong!" I exclaimed hugging her.

"How was your trip?" I asked.

"It was good, how was yours?" She asked.

"I was so excited." I said.

"Jagi!" "Honey!" Ryujin said hugging Chaeryeong and I.

"Yah! Is this how we're all going to reunite?" It was Yeji with Yuna walking towards us.

We we're all tired from our flight. Ryujin and I had our driver already waiting outside with the other three needed to wait for their family members.

It was already about 8pm.

"Can we please go to Cupid's Bakery?" I asked.

Cupid's Bakery has been one of my favorite places. My grandfather would always bring me here as a kid and I remember enjoying their Cinnamon Buns.

I arrived there there was a tall guy getting ready to lock the doors.

"Oh it's already closed?" I asked.

"I can get you something if you want." The guy said.

"That would be great if you don't mind." I said.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"A croissant, Cinnamon Bun and Iced Americano." I have been craving for it for so long.

"Five minutes is that okay?" He asked.

"Absolutely." I answered. I waited for 2 years whats another 5 minutes ey.

He hands me the food and my drink.

"Gamsahabnida!" I said as I bolted to the car.

I chowed down the bread. I entered my dad's house.

I immediately went inside my previous room. It was filled with old photos of me and my friends.

There was a note on my vanity along with a small box.

To my dearest Julia.

My end is near, so is your beginning. I entrust to you ownership of the buisness once you finish your studies. This had been a promise to you written in my will. I had planned everything to make sure the future of our school will be on your hands. I know you are capable of the responsibilities as you we're raised with independence. My Julia remember to not settle for what is told. Rather seek your truth.

Love, Grandpa

I opened the box to see a key. A key that I know exactly what it opens.

"The time has come Julia."

07.09.2023
Wanderlust Series - Cupid's Bakery

Please Leave a Vote ☆