Operation Ethdubs

"So, let me get this straight.... You want me to help set up Etho and Bdubs?" Grian eyed the trio as he sipped his tea. Iskall, Stress, and Doc all nodded.

"Gri I've seen you play matchmaker before. You'd be helping both us and them out tremendously!"

"I don't know Iskall..." Grian twiddled his thumbs nervously. Stress chimed in.

"Come on Grian! It could be fun! And you've been bored lately anyway. I can tell by how many times you stop by the sundae shop." Grian contemplated.

"Ok... but whats in it for me?" Iskall and Stress looked at each other, neither having thought that far. Doc, who had been silently scrolling on his phone, sighed and spoke up.

"You do this for us, Stress owes you a free sundae, Iskall owes you 20 bucks, and I'll give you an official Doc IOU." Everyone froze. An IOU from Doc was like making a deal with God. Grian's face lit up, giddy with excitement. He ran over and shook Doc's hand.

"Its a deal!" Stress and Iskall nervously looked over at Doc, who had returned to scrolling on his phone. They both shrugged and started discussing details with Grian, giving him a copy of the love letter and explaining everything.

"Thats about it! There is one rule though. Stress, Doc, and I decided that we won't show Bdubs the letter until after him and Etho are together. Etho doesnt know we have the note but we're gonna tell him when he returns from his trip." Grains face fell. He sipped the last of his tea.

"You guys are stupid." Everyone looked at Grian, half offended, half confused.

"If you guys tell Etho that you know about the letter he'll shut down the operation." Iskall tried to retaliate but he had no good argument. Stress just looked at her feet. Once again Doc stepped back in to take hold of the conversation.

"That may be true, but it's not alright to keep it from him. We can't lie to him like that."

"So what you're saying is that you want me to set him and Bdubs up within 2 days while Etho isn't even in the state!?!?"

"I gave you an IOU. That's worth it. We shook on it." Grian sighed and nodded.

"Fair. It'll be a challenge but I can do it." Stress smiled and patted Grian on the back.

"Don't worry luv! We'll all be helping to make it happen! Operation Etho and Bdubs will be a great success!" Grian bounced on his toes with newfound excitement.

"Love the operation name but it needs to be a bit shorter...." Stress and Grian looked over at Iskall who just shrugged. The three just stared, thinking too hard. Doc broke the silence.

"Ethdubs."

"Wha...?" Grian questioned.

"Operation Ethdubs." Doc's words sank in slowly. Grian's eyes lit up, followed by Iskall's, then Stress's. They all shouted in unison.

"Operation Ethdubs!!!" Not even Doc could hold back a chuckle at that. The four of them laughed together, pleased with the choice of name.

"Guys I hate to halt this laughing circle but we only have two days before Etho gets home. We're gonna be omega busy if we don't start right now! Lets go reread the letter back at my place and form a plan." Stress and Doc looked at Iskall before rushing towards the door, Iskall following. Grian stayed behind.

"I'll catch up later, got a few errands to run first!" The three nodded as they climbed into Doc's truck and sped away. Grian closed the door and smirked. He carefully pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. It was the copy of the note that Iskall had showed him. To Grian, rules were put in place just to be broken.

I think it's time Bdubs got a little delivery...

Back at Doc and Iskall's apartment, the trio were working hard on strategies to get operation Ethdubs started. Iskall paced around the room anxiously.

"I could invite him out to coffee and then ask him about Etho?"

"Iskall, luv, he might think you're asking him out on a coffee date. It's operation Ethdubs not operation Bdubskall." Doc chuckled from where he was perched in his armchair. He then added his own thoughts.

"Why don't I just talk to him tomorrow at school? Him and I have the same chemistry class. I could show him the artwork Etho's been painting on the beach."

"That... might actually work!" Stress smiled and patted Doc on the shoulder. Iskall stopped his pacing.

"Yeah...YEAH! You're a genius Doc! Bdubs and Etho have the same art class so showing off the painting will be a nice touch. Now we just need some shirtless beach pics and we're good as gold!" Stress lightly punched Iskall in the arm.

"There is no way you're gonna find any pics of shirtless Etho on the beac-" Stress was cut off by a noise from Doc's phone. Doc grabbed it and looked at the notification. And, as if the universe had been listening, It was a text from Etho containing lots of pictures from his trip.

Etho: Hey Doc! I miss ya buddy! Boutta go to bed but wanted to check in. How are ya? It's great here! Look at all the awesome views! Did some more paintings! I also tried surfing, had to return the rash guard tho so sorry for the shirtless one lol

*Ethoslab sent 8 photos*

Doc looked at his phone dumbfoundedly. Stress and Iskall couldn't see Doc's phone, but they grew more curious as Doc's expression shifted. Doc flipped the phone revealing the exact picture they had joked about. Etho, abs showing, standing on the beach with a surfboard. All three thought the same thing: Bingo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe Grian isn't good at following rules..... or keeping secrets if y'all get what I'm saying O.o (totally not foreshadowing)

Let the chaos of operation Ethdubs begin!

QOTC: What do you think Grian will use the IOU for?

Love you all!