twenty-five | a familiar face

It took twenty-five minutes to arrive at the main plaza where booths and tables had been set up for the Festival of Life.

Levi had driven us in his black BMW coupe, but finding parking had been a nightmare. It seemed like everyone and their mother in Ibiza turned out in full force to see the final day's celebrations.

"I'm so sorry that we arrived a bit late, Cat," Dorian chimed from beside me. Levi's arm wrapped around her as we weaved our way through the people standing and groups of tables set up facing the stage.

Had Niccolò already given his speech?

"It's fine, Dior," I smiled softly as the three of us reached a free table. It was noisy with all the excited background chatter, so I raised my voice a tad to be better heard by her. "I'm sure that he hasn't, but in the case he then he wouldn't mind presenting it to me when we see each other next. Niccolò takes great pride in his business. For all his greatness, he can be a little cocky."

She laughed lightly being reassured by the fact that she hadn't disappointed me.

"I'm gonna get some drinks for our table," Levi had cut in. "Catalina, a Cape Cod?" I nodded. His jade eyes turned towards Dorian. "How about you? What would you like, sweetheart?"

"A mojito, baby. Thank you."

Levi tipped his head towards us before setting off towards the bar to get our drinks.

Dorian lovingly gazed after him for a few seconds. "He can be such a gentleman. Honestly, it wasn't what I expected when we first met. Remember how silent he was those first few days at the cafe?"

"I honestly think it was because he was so focused on work." Another thought sprang to mind. "And, honestly, it's rough those initial days of living in a new place. He must've felt dozens of emotions, or at least that's how it was with me."

"Yeah, besides, he told me he had never been outside the United States before coming here. I know I'd be terrified if that were me. I mean just imagine coming to a new country all alone with only the clothes on your back and a couple hundred in the bank."

"But, that's Lev. He has a sense of adventure and spontaneity about him. Must be a Bronx thing."

"You girls have been chatting about me?" A ghost of a grin had reached his lips as he seized the seat next to Dorian's.

"Yeah, I'm telling Catalina all your secrets, especially how you hate tickles and your biggest fear is getting trapped in the Coraline universe."

"Really?" Levi's eyes widened in interest before a lightly amused grin took over his face. "But, I do have to admit those pin-prick sewn-on button eyes are crazy scary."

"I mean, they can kind of be cute during Halloween." Dorian shrugged. "As long as the evil mother were to sow on magenta ones for me."

"You gotta be kidding me." Levi shot Dorian a death glare due to the comment, but it didn't take much from Dorian for his steely gaze to vanish and for him to throw his head back and laugh. Levi's laugh was like honey, thick and deep but filled with indiscernible sweetness.

At the sight of his joyful expression, Dorian broke into her wide smile, intoxicated by the sight of him.

"You two are so sweet together. It's going to give me a cavity."

"Admit it, Cat. You're a soft-hearted romantic." Dorian teased before planting a light kiss on Levi's cheek.

Never.

"Mm, no," I said with a gentle grin before my attention was captured by the waiter who was carrying our drinks. I thanked him before there was an announcer who went on center stage.