Chapter 1: New Planet

[Several years later]
"Captain. Our scans showed that this planet has unknown life forms on it and this planet is capable of supporting life" A woman with a brown hair told the captain while she continuously looking at the screen along with a lot of button pressing on the panel.

The Captain looked at the screen intently then the view of the planet

[A/N: I know it's Subnautica: Below Zero but this is the only thing I had in mind right now]

Zeal smiled in hope and joy as he started in awe at the planet. Other people did the same in the bridge were hopeful too.

[A Few Hours Later]
Lingard's POV
The minutes turned into hours as I lay on the bed, lost in my thoughts. The weight of grief and loss seemed to grow heavier with each passing moment. The memories of my family flooded my mind, filling me with a mixture of love and pain.

I remembered my parents' warm smiles, their unwavering support throughout my journey to become a doctor. They had been my rock, my guiding light. And now, they were gone, forever taken from me. The ache in my heart was unbearable at times, threatening to consume me.

But amidst the darkness of my sorrow, a flicker of determination emerged. I knew deep down that I had a purpose, a responsibility to the survivors on this ship. I was a healer, a beacon of hope in this desolate void of space. I couldn't let my personal anguish overshadow my duty to others.

With a sigh, I sat up on the bed, wiping away the tears that had escaped down my cheeks. I refused to let them define me. I refused to let grief paralyze me. It was time to find solace in action.

I reached for my tablet, an essential tool for my medical work. It contained a vast database of medical knowledge, diagnostic tools, and patient records. It was my lifeline to providing the best care I could to those aboard the ship.

As I delved into the latest medical research and updates, my focus shifted from my own pain to the well-being of others. I studied new treatments, potential cures, and innovative technologies that could benefit the survivors. The more I immersed myself in my work, the more I found purpose and a renewed sense of determination.

Days turned into weeks as we continued our search for a habitable planet. The ship hummed with activity, with people from different backgrounds and professions working together towards a common goal. We formed a community, a makeshift family in this vast expanse of space.

I encountered countless patients, each with their own stories of loss and resilience. I treated injuries, illnesses, and provided emotional support whenever I could. It was in these moments of connection and healing that I found solace, a reminder that despite the tragedy that had befallen us, humanity was resilient.

During the rare moments of respite, I would retreat to my office. The familiar sight of organized files and the comforting presence of my family's picture brought a bittersweet mix of emotions. I would sit at my desk, staring at their smiling faces, and let the tears flow freely. It was in these vulnerable moments that I allowed myself to grieve, to confront the pain head-on.

But I always emerged from those moments stronger, ready to face the challenges that lay ahead. I knew that in this new world we were building, there was no room for complacency or despair. We had to learn from the mistakes of the past, to protect and nurture the planet we would eventually call home.

As the ship traveled through the vastness of space, hope burned bright within me. I envisioned a future where humanity thrived, where we lived in harmony with our new home. A future where the lessons learned from Earth's destruction propelled us towards a sustainable and compassionate existence.

And so, I carried on, driven by the memory of my family, the collective resilience of humanity, and the belief that we would find our place among the stars. Lingard, the doctor, the healer, would continue to serve to the people of this ship.

My thoughts were cuts by a beep.
"Everyone I have an announcement to make...We found a sustainable planet to live in and I want 5 volunteers to explore the new planet" The captain's word give me hope, not just me but to everyone.
'I guess we have "new" home now.' I muttered to myself then I go out of my office to volunteer for the exploration.

[Several Minutes later]
No one's POV
"Alright...This is planet is 95% water as the scan said and I want you five to explore that planet but first you all gotta put a suit first" Captain instructed us.
Lingard and the other begin to change suits.

As for Lingard's crew. They have a different occasions.
Melissa Lear, a recently graduated Biologist who is a 30 year old.

Dale Pollin, a 29 year old engineer.

Sylver Jenkins, a 31 year IT who could do the monitoring of the equipment and logs for the crew.

Finally Jake Collins, A military soldier who could be in charge in whenever there's a threat in the area on the new planet.

The captain watched the 5 of them entered a ship in the docking bay as a way to entered the new planet.
"Good luck all of you and be careful" Captain then proceed to walked back to safety and when he did. The massive docking doors opens for their ship to fly towards the planet.

When the crew enters the planet's atmosphere. The ship itself slowly freeze, instead of the burning but this isn't Earth. It's a different planet.

[Several Hours Later]
"Everybody we landed on the planet's surface" Sylver announced to his crew since he drives the ship while monitoring the screen.
This is where they will explore the new planet.