Chapter 6: An Encounter

No one's POV
~5 days later, in Lingard's exploration in Zootopia~

"Breaking news: a hostage situation in Sahara square bank is happening right now and so far there are over 15 hostages in the bank" Lingard was lurking nearby while watching the news of an opened window while being in cloaked mode.

'Should I help them?' The human begins to ponder on whether he has to help the hostages in Sahara square bank, and that would result in me exposing myself in public.

'It sure got lonely in here. I have no one to talk to... This isolation is slowly eating me in the inside,' I muttered to myself while I walked away from the window and climbed the ladder towards a rooftop of an apartment complex.
The view was breathtaking when I saw the city below me as if in New York City, but instead of humans inhabiting this city. It's animals instead.

~2 hours earlier in ZPD~
Judy's POV
Me and Nick we're entering the bullpen. We then sit in the front row as always.
"Good morning, Judy, and you too, Nick." Officer Mchorn greeted us both while drinking a styrofoam cup of coffee.

"Morning to you. Big horn, " Nick greeted the rhino officer who was sitting with us in the front row.
"Big horn? Is that a nickname for me, Wilde? Are you gonna call Officer Fangmeyer. Stripes?" I heard Mchorn joked, and I chuckled a bit while my partner Nick laughed before I turned to see the red fox drinking coffee.

No one's POV
Chief Bogo then came into the room with three folders before going in front.
"Alright, everybody. I have dire news to tell you all, " Chief Bogo announced as he put on his reading glasses and opened the folder.

"The Saharan Bank has a hostage situation, and the terrorist have over 10 of them. Now, I want every officer to deal with this, and who wants to volunteer in negotiating with a terrorist?" The water buffalo announced this in a serious tone towards the officers in the bullpen.

Nick raised his paw to volunteer to negotiate with a terrorist and the chief looked at the red fox who finished his cup of coffee as Nick put on his signature smirk on his face.
"I will volunteer, Chief," when the fox says that. Judy looked at him with a worried expression but then again. She knows about how the foxer talks in a persuasive way during his time in becoming a con artist before Nick became the first fox in the police force.

"I guess you can do it, Nick. I believe in you. " Judy tells the red fox with a slight hesitation on her voice, and her partner replies with a firm nod.
"Okay then. That's settles it. Let's go, " Chief Bogo says before the officers left the bullpen while put on a face of determination as they all walked towards their police cars.

~2 hours later~
Lingard's POV
I walked up to the ledge as i arrived at the scene, located on the Sahara Square bank, according to my map that i recently took a picture with my tablet.

"This should be it... I don't know if i can do this, but... I have to, " I muttered to myself as dread is crawling up my spine.

I activated my cloaking mode, a sigh of relief washed over me upon remembering the infinite duration of my invisibility because I installed an unnecessary upgrade in my suit even though it wasn't needed since my friends on the ship were offering me this upgrade.

'Thank goodness. I accepted this upgrade to my suit because now I'm a vicinity filled with bipedal animals who act like humans... This isolation is damaging my physiological health... I'm taking the risk, but only a few shall know my presence. Not the entire city of this so-called Zootopia,' I thought to myself while walking stealthily without being seen, but they might sense me because there's wolves in this animal city too.

~2 hours later in the Sahara square bank~
No One's POV
The police force arrived at the scene, and the civilian gathered from the distance, feeling the fear as they saw what was happening.

Surely enough, Judy and her partner Nick got out of their police cruiser. Chief Bogo and other police officers get out of their police cars, too.

The armed grizzly bear terrorist in the bank suddenly came with a hostage which is a female gazelle. Officer Hopps could feel dread crawling up her spine upon seeing this hostage situation, which could be difficult as she saw a handgun pointed at the hostage.

The grizzly bear wore a black buttoned up jacket with grey slacks and a black mask that was made out of black rubber.
Chief Bogo narrowed his eyes for a moment as the water buffalo's expression hardened as the terrorist tightened slightly the grip of the gazelle while the grizzly bear pointed a gun near her head.
"This is ZPD. We surrounded the building. " Chief Bogo speaks through the megaphone with an authority in his voice with a hint of anger, too.

"Don't come any closer, or she gets it!" The grizzly bear shouts threateningly as the hostage whimpered in terror as the gazelle shed a tear while mouthing "Help me" to the police.

Little did the terrorist. Lingard is coming for them, and nobody suspects a human in an armor.

Lingard's POV
I'm in the building by climbing the ladder up to the rooftop.
"I gotta think of something," I muttered under my breath while I pondered on what to do next.

An idea came to my mind upon seeing the fusebox.
"Hmm... This should do. " I walked up to the electrical fuse box. I used my lasercutter on my index to cut the padlock to gain access to it.

"Time to save these hostages... They won't see this one coming, " I muttered under my breath, placing a mini robot on the fuse.
The tiny robot will be used to on or off the fuse. Maybe I'll could sneak in and give the terrorist a surprise of their lives.

[30 minutes later]
Judy's POV
The terrorist goes back inside the bank with a hostage. I begin to think of something to escalate this hostage situation.

"Carrots... Look, " Nick cut off my thoughts when we heard gunshots inside the bank.
"What the devil is going on in there?" I heard Chief Bogo to my left. My ears perked up to hear a commotion inside the bank.

"There's a fight in there," I tell Chief Bogo, causing the caped water buffalo to look down at me.
I was going to say something again when a bunch of hostages ran out of the building.

"Everyone, let's go. Move!" Chief yelled before all, including me, and my partner Nick immediately went inside the bank with our tranquilizers on our paws. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that the hostages were all safe and sound.

No One's POV
The ZPD Police Officers were perplexed on how the terrorist got tied up on the corners of the offices while unconscious.

"Jeez. They sure were knocked out cold" Officer James Wolford pointed out as the wolf officer examine the tied up terrorist. Chief Bogo also study them intently with the water buffalo's eyes narrowed at the terrorist, finding bruises and black eye.

"Alright everyone. Handcuff them" The Chief ordered as all of the officers begin to untie them, and then putting handcuffs on the terrorist.

Judy's ears perk up upon hearing running footsteps. Curiosity gets the best of her as she followed the direction of the footsteps.
'Who is that?' The bunny officer continued to followed the sound towards a stairwell of the building.

Judy heard the rooftop door swinged open causing her to quietly go and investigate it.

Lingard's POV
'Well... That was a successful' I think to myself as I retrieved the tiny robot that is in the electrical fusebox.

I froze in place as I heard footsteps behind me. I swallowed hard, causing me to turn around to see a bunny staring at me with those purple eyes.
"Who are you?" The bunny that is wearing a police uniform spoke to me. My body felt fear washed over me, knowing that I was seen.

I remained silent for the bunny police officer for a whole minute until I broke the awful silence between us.
"You won't tell anybody... right?" I spoke to her while occasionally looking at the rooftop door and my surroundings.
"No,but can I see you again?" She asked me while the bunny was taking in my appearance.
"As long as you wouldn't tell anybody," I told her in a stern tone, but fear is still on my mind, knowing that she might tell anybody.

"Sure... I'm Judy Hopps,and you are?" She akwardly introduced herself to me as I did a small smile under my helmet.
"I'm... I'm Lingard. " I tell her my name. Anxiety is creeping to me as I went invisible when I heard other footsteps coming into the rooftop.