The Strays

Vic
Day 2 (continued)

Smiles are a weird thing.

Its a form of happiness; a sure sign that shows other people that you're having a good time... That you're content. Me? Well I honestly couldn't recall the last time I genuinely smiled at something. It felt so alien on my lips...so new. It feels as if my lips are stretching somewhat, recovering from the constant frown that I always seem to have on. I traced the form of my lips with my fingertips lightly.

"This tickles," I giggled shaking my head.

I sighed, sitting up in bed and glancing at the clock. 11:34. I yawned smiling, (which was by far the weirdest sensation ever), recalling the events of last night.

I made a friend I think! An actual friend! His name was Kellin. What an amazing name...We talked on for hours upon hours, gushing over our favorite band members, and completely bashing today's latest pop sensations together. All in all, it was a weird experience, but I'm surprised that at least something good came out of yesterday.

There I was in my bed, staring at the ceiling for god knows how long with an emense sense of something fluttering inside me. Not sure if it was the pain in my ribs, or something else though. Nevertheless, I giggled at the (still very wierd) sensation on my lips, before I jumped out of bed and burst into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

It wasn't often that I was so happy, but believe me when I say this: I haven't had any friends other than Mitch since middle school, and making a friend (albeit online) was enough to make my day completey! I hummed lighty, opening my curtains to let the sunshine in..for once.

"Mitch?" No answer, "Mitch! I want to talk! Today is going to be great I can feel it!" I called out into the emptiness of my room. I reached for my camera inside my top drawer and fumbled with the tripod to set it up.

"Wucha up to?" Mitch said suddenly, appearing next to me.

I didn't flinch at his sudden presence, given that with time, I got used to his whole poof thing. Finally, I set up the camera and pushed the record button without a second thought. I opened my mouth to speak, and then... nothing. I didn't let that stop me though, I just continued to stare at the camera for a while before I pointed at my small smile. Ten seconds went by of nothing, and Mitch sent me an unimpressed look from my bed. I kept smiling.

"See this? This..This is different." I said still pointing, "'Till yesterday, I didn't think that I was even able to smile guys but.. haha would you look at that!!"

"This is all thanks to my good 'ol friend Kellin--He's my internet friend! He likes the same things that I do, and he's also very sarcasticly funny! It might've been just a one-time thing ..." I said uncertainly glancing back at Mitch, who was in the shot behind me, "..But I think he's pretty great! He's mute you know? I wonder how thats like.." I pondered for a second at how my friend might look like..or how close he might be! What a coincidence that we both live in the same country and state!

"VicTurd, where the fuck are ya?" I heard Mike yell at me from his room, immediately followed by the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

I jumped, pushing the off button on the camera, and throwing it over to Mitch in panic. I dived for my bed just as soon as he slammed the door open. He gave me a weird look.

"What?" I asked nervously. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Mom needs help getting up..and your room looks too clean. Its gay." He said walking off.

"Okay!" I yelled out.

As soon as he left I rolled my eyes.

You're one to talk Michael.