A Championship Lost At Heart

~Prepare to have your feels torn, it will hurt.~
___________________________It was real stressful day for Hiccup. I could see that he was struggling with the idea of killing the Monstrous Nightmare, and talking to Dad. I grabbed his shoulders and kissed his forehead. He looked like he didn't get any sleep. Or it would be full of worry. "Calm down," I told him. "It'll be fine, don't worry." He looked at me and slowly smiled. I playfully punched his shoulder, "Come on, you've got a arena full of Vikings to show how different they think dragons are." I grabbed his helmet and slammed it onto his head, slightly covering his eyes. He lifted it up and I grabbed his hand and ran with him to the arena.

We entered only to hear lots of people shouting Hiccup's name. Then, Dad began talking. "Well, I can show my face in public again!" He quieted down the audience. "If someone had told me that in a few short weeks, Hiccup would go from, well, being Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training, well I would have tied him to a mast and shipped him off, for fear he'd gone mad! And you know it!" Lots of shouting, then Dad spoke once more. "But here we are. And no one is more surprised or more proud than I am." I could see the look on Hiccup's face that told me that he was now really worried. He held his helmet tight. Dad's voice got higher, "Today, my boy becomes a Viking. Today, he becomes one of us!" There were more shouts and Hiccup was looking as if he wanted to get away from here. I turned to see Astrid behind us. "Be careful with that dragon." Hiccup sighed, "It's not the dragon I'm worried about." I looked over to him, "What are you going to do?" "Put an end to this, I have to try." He looked at Astrid. "Astrid, if something goes wrong, just make sure they don't find Toothless." Then he turned to me, "Eira, make sure that they stay safe." Astrid and I spoke at the same time, "I will. Just promise me that things won't go wrong." Before he could answer us, Gobber came in. "It's time Hiccup, knock 'em dead." Hiccup walked out, and put his helmet on his head. I tensed as I saw him grab the shield and the small knife. "I'm ready..." He shouted. The doors opened and the fiery flamethrower of Hell came out. Shooting balls of fire out of the arena. I forced myself not to whistle. This was Hiccup's chance, not mine. When it finally saw him, it stood before him, a growl loud enough for everyone to hear. People shouted at Hiccup for him to attack, but he didn't move. He slowly backed up and dropped his shield and knife and concentrated his focus toward the dragon. I could hear him speaking in a calm voice. "Hey, it's OK. It's OK." He grabbed his helmet and tossed it away, looking at Dad. "I'm not one of them." Everyone was in shock, and the dragon slightly began to trust Hiccup. Dad, enraged, got up from his chair. "Stop the fight!" He yelled. Hiccup yelled back, "No! I need you all to see this. They're not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them." Finally, Dad grabbed his hammer and smacked it onto the arena, yelling, "I SAID STOP THE FIGHT!" It broke the bond between Hiccup and the Nightmare. Soon, the dragon was chasing Hiccup. Astrid opened the door and I followed her. She grabbed a hammer and smacked the Nightmare with it. Dad fully opened the door, "This way!" We ran to it, but only Astrid made it. Hiccup was tossed and trapped between the dragon's talons. In a rush of panic, I sensed two dragons coming toward us. All of a sudden, I whistled. It was sharp and loud. Soon, there was a blast and smoke. The Monstrous Nightamare's tail wacked me towards Hiccup and a flash of pure black was in front of both of us. The smoke cleared and everyone, including us, could see the Night Furies fighting for us. Later, they got into a protective stance. The Nightmare flew away defeated. Hiccup and I pushed the dragons do they could leave, until lots of people came down from the top of the arena. Nightshade was captured and Dad came at Toothless, who was then taken down by the dragon itself. Hiccup yelled at Toothless to not kill Dad, and it obeyed, only to be captured along with Nightshade.

Dad dragged us into the hall. "I should have known. I should have seen the signs." "Dad, please listen," Hiccup begged. "We had a deal!" Dad shouted. I tried to speak up, "I know we did. That was before...It's all so messed up." He turned to us and spoke in an irritated voice, "So everything in the ring, a trick? A lie?" Hiccup was trying hard not to cry, "I screwed up. I should have told you before now. I just...Take this out on me, be mad at me, but it please, just don't hurt Toothless." Dad looked at him, "The dragon? That's what you're worried about? Not the people you almost killed?" I spoke firmly, "They were just protecting us, they're not dangerous!" Suddenly, Dad yelled out, "They've killed Hundreds of us!" Then, we both spoke at the same time, "AND WE'VE KILLED THOUSANDS OF THEM!" Dad just paced off. C
Hiccup kept talking. "They defend themselves, that's all! They raid us because they have to. If they don't bring enough food back, they'll be eaten themselves. There's something else on their island. It's a dragon like..." Dad cut him off, "Their island? So you've been to the nest?" Hiccup caught himself, "Did I say nest?" Dad shouted, "How did you find it?" Hiccup backed up, "What? No, I didn't. Toothless did. Only a dragon can find the island." Then Dad got a sinister grin on his face. It tried to stop him, "No, no, no. No, Dad. No, please, it's not what you think." Hiccup followed," You don't know what you're up against. It's like nothing you've ever seen." Dad only pushed him away. "Dad, please. I promise you, you can't win this one." "No, Dad, no." He wouldn't stop. "For once in your life, would you please just listen to me?" Hiccup grabbed Dad's arm to hold him back, but was just pushed to the floor.

Dad turned to him, "You've thrown in your lot with them. You're not a Viking. You're not my son." He turned to leave, but I stood in front of him. "Listen to him for Odin's sake! He's your son! If he's not your son, then I'm not your daughter! You're even more of a monster than the dragons are. You think that just because your own son decided to protect dragons, you won't love him or care about him anymore. Well guess what, Stoick? I'm also like him. I care for the dragons, and you want to know something else? You're weak, weaker than anyone else! You think you're strong and brave but you're a coward at heart!" He scowled at me, and in a quick flash I was on the ground, with a sharp pain on my cheek. I looked at him, and processed what he had done. He backhanded me. Later on, he walked out the door.