Simula

Simula

First Kiss

"Everything is clear down here, Agent Ariah."

Nanatili ang aking mata sa scope ng M24 SWS na aking hawak dahil isa akong sniper. Kanina pa ako nakatayo malapit sa dulong bahagi ng rooftop habang pinagmamasdan ang mga tao na patuloy na dumarating sa isa sa mga hotel ng pamilyang Wang dito sa Cagayan De Oro. Alas otso na nga gabi na magsimula ang birthday party ng aking pinsan na si Daphne Zraine Serviano Wang.

"Keep in touch, I will be going down already,"I told him before disarming the gun. After disarming, I put it in my bag alongside my gloves and hid it in a drawer hidden underneath the table.

I was assigned to keep watch over her since her brother cannot come home from the States. It was said that the valuable jewelry that would be given to her on her birthday is one of the things that are rare and a lot of people from the black market have eyes on that jewelry. And as a part of the Black Spiderlily organization which my cousin knows about. We are assigned to protect it at all costs as secret agents.

I pursued the academy of becoming a paramilitary. Estudyante ako sa umaga at agent sa gabi, hindi alam ng buong Wang ang aking ginagawa. Sa Pilipinas ko pinili dahil mas madali na mag undercover sa Asia.

"The chief commander, wants to meet you after this mission, Ariah." pababa na ako ng rooftop ng marinig ko si Fred sa kabilang linya.

I understand that commander still wanted me to stay. Hindi ko alam kung tama ba ang desisyon kong umalis sa Spiderlily pagkatapos ng mission na ito. Noong nakaraan kasi ay gusto niya akong atasan sa isang mission. It's a big mission an international assignment that involves an international organization. I remember being part of an international mission and it was too risky. It was in Vietnam and it's very petty.

It might cost my life especially if it's a terrorist group that we have to spy on or a rival organization that we have to deal with. And petty, because you will not be able to find a place of peace because of what you need to do.

"Kaya nga nandyan si Freda kasi ayoko na sumabak sa isa pang malaking misyon," sabi ko.

Freda has been a trainee for two years now. Siya na ang papalit sa akin sa balak kong pag-alis sa org. I've been training her since she was hired. Two missions with her were successful. Pero yung una muntik na niya kaming pinahamak buti na lang ay ako ang tumapos. Pwede na siguro ako mag retiro bilang sniper agent at field agent.The organization wanted me to stay so badly so they tried to bribe me by doubling my fee so I would agree and work in the office.

But after four years of working here, I have the urge to rest after being hired in this organization at a young age. I was happy with my job but maybe I was just waiting for something and I just realized I am missing a lot of opportunities since my uncle introduced me to become an agent. So now, I want to figure out what I want to do.

"You are still the best in this field, Agent Ariah. I just want you to know that we are your family." rinig kung sabi ni Fred bago niya pinutol ang linya dahil sa tingin ko ay papasok na siya sa loob ng building upang magmatyag din.

Tinanaw ko ang siyudad, at ang mga bituin sa madilim na kalangitan. This is what I miss, staring at the clouds not minding the time spent looking at it. Sadly, I can't do this while I'm working.

I want to retire and visit my parents who are living a normal life in the States together with my two brothers. Part of me wanted to go back there but a part of me wanted to stay here in the Philippines because I was looking for something or waiting for something.

I forced myself to walk to the elevator instead of using the stairs going down to the 20th floor where the event was being held. I put on my earpiece and put my hair down. I got my red lipstick and used the elevator door as my mirror. I took on my phone and took poses and pictures at the elevator door. When the door slowly opened, I felt a strange aura coming from the backdoor of the rooftop. But I ignored it and quietly entered the elevator. I press the 20th floor and put on my mask. Since the theme is a masquerade ball.