𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟓, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟎

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀 Irma Malfoy sat on the cushioned bed, cradling two babies she called her newborn children. The two were identical despite the fact that one was a boy and the other a girl. She sat silent, smiling at her son and daughter as her mind wandered, focusing on one specific thing, what she would name her twins. Wanting to continue the Black tradition of naming children after constellations, the mother glanced at her eldest child, her son, and named him Draco Lucius Malfoy. Tilting her head to her daughter, her only daughter, her thoughts twisted.

Narcissa's son was named after the tradition of House Black to assert the Malfoy family's connection to House Black, but Narcissa wanted something different for her second born. The girl, still very young, seemed to have a different sense or presence to her. Narcissa understood she wanted the girl to find her own path, become her own person. So, she gave her daughter the name, "Evelyn," meaning desire, desired. Yet, she took fancy to the idea of naming her daughter after a family member, making her have a bond with House Black. Evelyn gained the middle name, Druella, after her grandmother.

Narcissa wanted her girl to live her life of desire, but always be connected with the blood and bond of family.

                         ———•.*❦*.•———

Within the infamous structure of the Malfoy Manor sat a family, physically distant but close in heart. In the dining room, four sat; Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, and Evelyn Malfoy. The walls were quiet, yet not full of aggravation, instead, a loving sense of emptiness. If a pin were to drop, the deer who roamed the outdoors could hear it loud and clear. Lucius Malfoy sat at the end of the table, farthest from the entryway. His eyes wandered the table as he stared at each of his fellow family members and simply thought to himself. No emotion was in his eyes whatsoever, not even a therapist could read what he thought. Narcisssa sat at the other end, staring out the window with a smile, thinking about ideas where her family could spend more time together. Draco sat in the middle of a large wood table, across from his twin. The boy sat up straight and quickly played with his food before placing the fork in his mouth. The boy's mind trailed, probably wondering about the next school year.

Evelyn Malfoy sat across from her brother with good posture. The girl's hair was half up and half down, partly up with two braids. She waited for someone to strike up a conversation. Not that the table was awkward in any way, but she kept thinking of the Quidditch World Cup, and how her friends she had missed for the entire summer were going to be there. She had received several letters from her dearest friends, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, all ending in asking her if she would join them in their trip to the World Cup. She understood that her Father would be unhappy to hear that Arthur Weasley had invited his daughter to travel with the Weasleys. Evelyn knew that Lucius would rather throw himself over a bridge than have her daughter be seen with such a "disgrace of a family." To her luck, Cornelius Fudge had given the family four tickets to attend the game. There were seats in the minister's box, signed to each of them. Narcissa found no interest in going to the game, leaving Lucius and his children to go together. Evelyn was excited to see her favorite game, but she was also hopeful to see her friends, even if it were for just a quick minute. She had left for France for over two months, and had barely gotten to respond to their stack of letters. The three understood this though, and didn't harass her on why she failed to always respond quickly or at all.

"When do we leave tomorrow, Father?" The young girl asks as her Father glances at her quickly.

"Hm, the game's later, at 8:00. We should leave by 6:00, dear. I would like to discuss matters with Cornelius." Lucius responds before he returns to finishing his plates. Narcissa turns her direction at her youngest child with a smile.