𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐘𝐍 sat with her legs across one another, leaning her head on Hermione's shoulder as the other girl read the newspaper. Hermione and Evelyn had a close relationship as Hermione gave off a motherly energy, and Evelyn resembled her child. The pair had been close for the past four years, knowing that they both needed each other. When the boys would upset one of them, usually Hermione, the other would always take their side. The two would stay up late talking to each other about boy problems, or crushes, always confiding in one another.

    Evelyn was dressed in her favorite pair of flare jeans with a tight white shirt, which was covered by a small and gray buttoned sweater. Evelyn took pride in what she wore or how her hair looked, not because she was vain, but because it was how she grew up. The Malfoys dressed neat and in style, never letting their guards down. Fortunately, Evelyn had this gene.

    Ron sat across from the girls as he read his book. Evelyn lifted her head from Hermione and raised a brow in surprise.

    "Wow, Ron. You're reading, I'm sure Hermione's proud. What are you actually doing?" Evelyn said with a smirk as she quickly took the boy's book from him. Ron tried to snatch the red book from his friend but her quick reflexes kicked in as moved to stand up. The title read, Everything About Bulgaria Quidditch. Evelyn saw this and giggled at Ron's fangirling. She then sat down next to Harry to show him the book as Ron stood up and tried to take the book away from the mischievous girl.

    "Ron, I'm telling you this all with love. You're starting to become a stalker for Victor Krum." Eve teased leaving Harry in laughter. Hermione sighed at the childish behavior and Ron rolled his eyes at the girl's words, and then took the red book from her.

    "Shut up, Evie." Ron said before he noticed the trolley nearing them.

    "Anything from the trolley, dears?"

    Harry, Ron, and Evie stood up at the woman's words. Evie took out her money and noticed Ron search through his pockets for any money. The three stood at the doorway awaiting their candy.

    "Packet of Droobles...and a licorice wand- On second thought, just the droobles." Ron said as he looked at this small amount of money making Evelyn feel sorry for him.

    "Ron, I'll get it as an apology for teasing you." Evelyn said playfully, trying to lighten the mood. The ginger boy smiled at her in thanks and shrugged.

    "Just the droobles, thanks."

    "Can I get a sugar quill, please? Oh, and a licorice wand for the other boy." Evelyn asked as she handed the money to the Trolley lady. Evelyn stood behind Harry as he watched another girl come up and ask for pumpkin pastries. Evelyn felt her stomach turn but ignored this feeling as she slightly smiled at the girl she knew to be Cho Chang, and took the candy. Eve tossed Ron the licorice wand as his eyes lifted and he smiled.

    "Thanks, Evie."

    "Now we're fair, Ginger." Evelyn said before sitting next to Hermione again who was still focused on the paper. The blonde girl looked up at Harry who was still in the doorway, observing Cho's features. Thankfully, Ron didn't notice the hint of jealousy on her face as Harry stood dumbfounded, watching the dark-haired girl leave before being interrupted by the Trolley lady. Evelyn didn't know why her stomach felt as if it was twisting, she knew she didn't like Harry like that. She believed them just to be good friends- best friends. She ignored this feeling further as he turned back to the cabin and she started licking her Licorice Quill.

    Hermione peeked at the girl's reaction to seeing Harry watch another girl as the brunette girl nudged her friend and smiled at her with her head tilted. Evelyn only looked at her in slight embarrassment, as she shrugged.