Chapter 8

When I woke up, I found the flask Giles had given me last night on my nightstand, filled to the brim with his concoction. I didn't have the need for it this morning, though. I was a little achy, but the wounds had closed during the night. Still, the gesture warmed my heart.

Smiling, I peeled the bandages off and changed into riding pants and a baggy cotton shirt. Instead of letting it remain baggy at my sides, though, I found some pins and tightened the fabric so it revealed the curves I had been unintentionally hiding. Aunt Patricia would enjoy tailoring my wardrobe to flatter me more, I'm sure.

I skipped down the stairs, taking Kaden's wonderful cooking into my nose. Man, the woman he married was going to be very lucky. I hope they expect us to visit for dinner a lot.

My brothers, Dad, and Prince Camden were around the table, mowing on some bacon and bread. Casper took one look at me and choked on the mouthful of bread he'd just torn from his loaf.

"What?" I demanded of him as I joined them and stashed some food on my plate before it all disappeared into their bellies.

He pounded his chest then swallowed with a sip of water right behind it. "You-you've grown."

I looked down at my breasts of which he must be referring to since my tight shirt was all that was different on me.

Harry's face went pink. "What did Amelia do to you last night?"

Prince Camden snorted. "You can't seriously mean you've never noticed your sister's breasts growing in?"

"She always wears baggy shirts," Kaden defended. He narrowed his scrutinizing eyes on me. "You've done something to your shirt."

I flushed. If they were going to react like this to a simple change I didn't think anyone would notice, maybe I should take the pins out.

"You look nice today, Kali," Dad said with a soft smile. "Ignore these idiots."

Tallinn snorted with an eye roll. "Yeah, she looks nice for the prince."

My face flamed and I did everything in my power to not look at the snickering prince and focused my rage on my evil brother. "Am not! I just wanted to do something different today, is all!"

Screw breakfast, if this was how I was going to be treated--in front of Prince Camden, no less. "Come on, Prince, we're going."

He gave me a drawl look, not moving an inch. "I'm going to finish my breakfast, thank you."

"I'm the guide, and I say we're leaving." The sooner we started his training, the sooner he could leave and I could no longer be embarrassed by my brothers.

"And I'm your prince and I say I'll do what I want. You can't order me around, woman."

My brothers snickered, taking sneak peeks at each other in anticipation. This was it, who was going to win the bet.

However, I had no compulsion to cry and I didn't feel like reaming the prince out at this early hour. I wanted to slap him. My hand burned and told me to do it. The only thing holding me back was Dad's look of warning, because he knew I wanted to hurt the prince.

I stole a deep breath then released it. "Fine, Your Highness. I'll be outside when you're ready."

"Good." He stuck his chin up at me then continued eating, like I'd been dismissed.

Growling the whole way, I marched out the house and slammed the door behind me. Elesor had been waiting eagerly for me to show myself and when I did turn up, she hopped over to me, wrapped her tail around me, and pressed her muzzle against my chest. My rage died away and I held her face, scratching the tip of her chin where she couldn't get to properly with the small horns in her claws' way.