Chapter 4: Her world rocker...uncontrollable passion!

Dean Broody vs. Kayla Cooper

Pix of the Dean rocking Kayla's world against the door

Video: Stay With Me by Sam Smith

Enjoy!

***                                                            

"Busy?" Cole asked, leaning against Kayla's desk.

"For you, no. What's up?" Kayla looked up at Cole with a smile.

"Good. Come on, we're going out for lunch." Cole said reaching for Kayla's hand.

"Cole...I have a lot...."

"For me, you're not busy remember? Come on Kay. And that's an order."

"Bully." Kayla muttered as she stood up and smoothed the front of her chic slim-fit, shape-defining black and white peplum shift dress. She knew she looked elegant in that dress.

"I heard that." Cole said picking up her bag.

"You were meant to." Kayla said snatching her bag from Cole and falling into step beside him.

"Love the shoes." Cole said glancing down at Kayla's black ankle strap platform heels. Its silver strap gave the shoes a sexy glamorous look.

Kayla chuckled. "Wanna get one for Briana? It will look amazing on her feet."

"Is that all you girls think about? Shoes?" Cole drawled, as he hit the call button for the elevator.

"Don't even start Cole." Kayla gave a mock scowl making Cole roar with laughter as they stepped into the elevator which promptly began its descent to the ground floor.

***

"Okay spill it." Cole said staring into Kayla's eyes.

They were seated in an Italian restaurant and the waiter had just taken their orders and delivered their drinks.

"Spill what?" Kayla asked looking at Cole with her striking green eyes.

"Come on Kay, I'm not a fool so don't treat me as one."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Kayla said, looking Cole in the eye challengingly.

"I've been watching you for the past two weeks Kay. You're not yourself. Something is going on with you and I want to know what it is. We're not going to leave here until you talk so better start if you have a lot of stuff to do as you claimed."

Kayla sighed. She knew Cole was not going to let her off the hook till she talked. "You know, the normal thing to do, will be to wait till I feel like I want to talk Cowboy." She said, taking a sip of her drink.

"Not this Cowboy baby." Cole signaled their waiter. "Hold our orders for now Antonio. I'll let you know when to serve us."

"Certainly Mr. Adams." The waiter said with a bow and left them. He was always thrilled to see Cole because he was a big tipper.

Cole turned to look at Kayla with raised brows, waiting for her to start talking.

"It's nothing really. I..."

"Not from where I'm sitting Kay." Cole said, cutting Kayla off. "You're walking around like someone died. You have circles around your eyes. You've lost your spirit. You're not the Kayla I know and adore. You're just a...shell. So don't tell me it's nothing. Don't insult my intelligence Kay. I've waited for you to open up but..." Cole threw his hands up, "I'm done waiting."