Chapter 8: A Heart in Flux

Returning to Earth-928B with the Green Goblin safely imprisoned within a specially-built cave for anomalies, Hobie Brown, known as Spider-Punk, couldn't shake the persistent thoughts of Spider Li from his mind. Her image lingered in his thoughts, her voice echoing through his consciousness like a sweet melody. The more Hobie tried to distract himself, the more he realized the undeniable truth: he had developed feelings for Spider Li.

One day, as Hobie found himself lost in a sea of thoughts about Spider Li, his fellow Spider-Man friend, Pavitr, noticed the distracted expression etched upon his face. Intrigued and concerned, Pavitr approached Hobie, his voice laced with curiosity. "Hey, Hobie, what's been bothering you lately? You seem preoccupied. Is everything alright?"

Hobie's eyes widened in surprise, momentarily caught off guard. He took a deep breath, contemplating whether to divulge the secret that had been consuming his thoughts. Eventually, he decided to confide in his friend, trusting him with the truth. "Well, there's this girl," Hobie began hesitantly, his voice filled with a mixture of excitement and uncertainty.

Pavitr's eyes sparkled with anticipation, a grin spreading across his face. He couldn't contain his enthusiasm, and in his excitement, he jumped up and down, exclaiming, "Oh my gosh, Hobie! You have a crush! That's amazing!"

Hobie chuckled at Pavitr's exuberance, appreciating his friend's genuine excitement. "Yeah, I guess you could say that," he replied, a shy smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "It's Spider Li. Ever since our encounter, I can't seem to get her out of my mind. She's incredible, Pavitr."

Pavitr's excitement grew, and he eagerly listened as Hobie poured out his thoughts and feelings about Spider Li. Hobie described her unique abilities, her fierce determination, and the captivating energy she exuded. He spoke of their shared experiences and the undeniable connection that had formed between them.

As Hobie revealed his feelings, Pavitr nodded empathetically, his eyes filled with understanding. "Hobie, that's wonderful!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with genuine joy. "It's incredible to find someone who sparks such passion within you. I can see how much Spider Li means to you."

Hobie nodded, grateful for Pavitr's support. "It's just that I've never felt this way before," he admitted, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "I'm not sure how to approach it or what to do next."