Chapter 15 ~ eyes on you ~

"you've been spying on me?" Noel questioned .

 "what? no" Man denied.

 "it certainly looks that way from the evidence here and in your line of work evidence is key" Noel added.

 "I had cameras installed before I even met you, I can introduce you to the guy who did the work if you want evidence" Man said.

 "but the writing beneath the webcam links says installed on xx/xx/xx" Noel quizzed Man.

 "I had them upgraded with audio, I can call the guy here right now"

 " why did you upgrade them after I came here? " Noel asked.

 "I happened to noticed one night when I was checking the perimeter of the house that you were having a nightmare, I wanted to try and help" it was partly true,

 "look Noel, I spend a good deal of time in the city, I need security here, it was never about you, I admit I was worried about you but that has nothing to do with the camera's" Man said, what Noel didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Noel thought about what Man was telling him, it did actually make sense so he decided to cut the guy some slack.

 "what are you doing back here anyway?" Noel asked.

 "I forgot an important file from the study" Man replied with another white lie.

Noel didn't quite believe Man, no wonder he had felt like he was being watched before but he also remembered that he had felt safe.

 "you better not be watching me get undressed and stuff!" Noel added and saw Man blush.

 "you did didn't you!" 

 "what can I say, I've been attracted to you since we first met" Man admitted.

 "did you do ... pervy stuff"

 "what? no! of course I didn't, I stopped looking, what do you take me for" Man told the truth at last and Noel could tell he was being honest .

 "then, ok" Noel said, now he knew where the camera's were located he could act accordingly.

 "so are we good?" Man asked coming forward.

 " mmmm, it's your house after all" Noel admitted.

Man wrapped his arms around Noel and leaned in for a kiss,

 "don't be like that Noel, it's not just security for the house, it can keep you safe too, remember that" Man added before stealing another kiss.

 "I have to get back to work baby" he said before tearing himself away.

He had to go and fetch a file from the study to back up his white lie but this was the last time, he would never keep anything from Noel again, he couldn't risk losing the boy, not now, not ever.

Back at the office Gunny was with Winchitathoom's wife in an interrogation room, he sat across from her as she tapped her long manicured fingernails on the metal table and sighed. Through the glass, Lam and Mina observed and got ready to record the interview.

Gunny looked at the glass and inclined his head then Mina pressed record and the light on the camera in the corner of the interrogation room lit up to alert Gunny that he could proceed.

"The time is 11.37am, the date is xx/xx/xx and this is interview #5 with Mrs Khei Winchitathoom, widow of recently deceased Chai Winchitathoom"

Gunny paused for a moment while he shuffled some paperwork in an intimidating manner. behind the glass, Lam watched Gunny and smiled, he could be an asshole but he was good at his job and Lam admired him though he would never confess to it.