↳edge (part 1), e.d⚡️

WORD COUNT: 4591

WORD COUNT: 4591

italics is past tense

𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

blonde hair flashed in front of my eyes as the petite girl moved all over my lap. her hips were circling and attempting to grind, yet she wasn't that good at it. she's too keen. all of the women were like this.

i can't deny that i'm attractive. i'm fully aware and wouldn't fish for compliments when the evidence is in front of me, from the whispers as i walk past to the way women swoon around me once i take a seat at a bar. it can be overwhelming but it's all the ego boost that i need. but they're all dull. there's nothing to them, no challenge; they're too easy. they fling themselves at me and answer whatever questions i want to know, do anything i say and fall to my feet.

i want to have to work for a girl and earn her attention, but the idea slips away as each girl i've met has been the exact same. i need someone with an edge to them, but i haven't found that yet. it's why i can't get into relationships. i pretend i don't want them and praise hookup culture because it's what i do, but deep beneath the surface i know what i crave. that unconditional love and care for the other person, making memories together and bonding in such a unique way. that's special, and meaningless hookups are getting boring. even the dating is tedious.

"so ethan, what do you do for a living?"

the brunette girl in front of me, amber, has twinkly blue eyes that are so light they're almost clear. her hair is pulled back in some wispy style that looks good. she's pretty, but i'm not sure if there's a lot else to her.

"right now i'm volunteering at an animal shelter. my twin bother is allergic but i love animals."

she holds good eye contact, but i feel nothing.

"i love animals too. how do you make money then?"

i frown.

"savings."

she continues to stare blankly at me. the waiter comes and takes our orders for the main course. she keeps tapping her acrylics against the glass of wine she's holding. it's annoying. the silence is uncomfortable.

"my brother and i did used to have a strong online presence, yes."

her braids bounce as she almost springs out of her seat, her honey coloured eyes gleaming with interest.

"what made you stop?"