Search low and lower

I met up with the Vanderploonks and went on to the Paw Paw Police station. To the first officer is saw I'd ask for help.
"Officers help! It's my friend he's been missing since Sunday!" I yelled out.
All the officers inside were staring at me and the triplets. Until one approached me with brown hair and the shiniest badge there.
"I'll start on an amber alert" a different officer said.
"I'll get the search dog!" The officer said to me and ushered us into his car.
The sirens were wailing. I think I've gone deaf. Lars, Billy, Cordell, and I are all crammed in the back of his car Billy and Cordell are still with that clueless look on their faces. Lars is worried, but I'm determined. This could be my breakthrough. Since the advice business sucked I can try being a detective! All of a sudden our phones rang the loudest they've ever rang. It was the amber alert. The fact that there has to be an amber alert is very upsetting to me. I mean he gets on my nerves all the time, but he's still one of my closest friends. Just thinking of this made me shed a tear. That's when Billy and Cordell started paying attention. We went to the woods trail that started from the Vanderploonks backyard. The dog started sniffing the ground and darting down the path. We all went following after the dog. But it led to a dead end. Until we gave him an extra shirt to smell again. He looked past a few trees and back at the Officer. That usually indicates "nothing".