CHAPTER 9- FACE OFF

*Shawn takes his katana in one hand and Uzi in another hand. Zack turned his eyes red and took out his blood arms. *

SHAWN- You really think you're going to win?

ZACK- Of course, even if you think it suitable for me, lemme tell you that my life is already ruined. I lost my parents, lost people, lost my human identity and I don't know what else. The only people that are left now in my life are Zep and Rohan, and I don't wanna lose them of your stupid reputation and promotion.

SHAWN- (aggressively) You really think that I am that type of guy? You are questioning my loyalty.

ZACK- I don't trust anyone who just wanna show off their personality. You are just a whore who just works for a living. Just tell me, how many times you have solved cases for people, not for money?

SHAWN- Alright kid, you are crossing your limits.

ZACK- If that is so, then why are you talking to me so aggressively? Don't you know how to talk to someone younger than you?

SHAWN- Ah!!! You're dead, Zack!!!!

*Using his air-compressor shoes, he jumped high towards Zack. Zack aimed his blood arms towards Shawn at full speed. Shawn slides through one of the arms, slashing the other arms on his way. Before his katana reaches Zack, Zack took another arm from his palm and punched Shawn off his arm. While mid-air, Shawn shot bullets at Zack with his Uzi. Zack took a big jump to dodge the bullets and used his blood arm to smash Shawn. Shawn used his katana to dodge the attack by slicing the arm. *

"Huh, how's he able to slice through my blood-arms? I made my blood enough solid to prevent them from getting slashed. "

SHAWN- Your tricks won't work on me. My katana is made of high-grade steel. You won't be able to fight with me.

"Ugh, seems like I need to solidify my blood more than before. I can't lose my blood, or I will get weak. "

*Nerves bulged out of Zack's face and his arms turned even more solid red. Shawn rushed towards him while shooting bullets. Zack dodged them by jumping in the air, but he failed to track Shawn's movement. Shawn already took the chance and used his katana. Hopefully, he was able to cut a little of his cheek. Zack landed safely and noticed the cut on his cheek. He used his blood arm towards Shawn. Shawn again tried to block his katana, but this time, the blood was too solid to be slashed, he got failed and was pushed to a pole. That sudden jerk made a part of the shed fall towards Zep. Zack sensed that threat and used his blood arm to pull Zep towards him and caught her carefully. *

ZACK- (worried) You okay?

ZEP- (scared) Yea, thank you.

ZACK- It's fine (noticed Shawn waking up) Stay behind me.

SHAWN- You literally have this much guts. I misunderstood you, you are way too much different from other demons I ever hunted in my career.

ZACK- You are the real demon in human form.

SHAWN- Just because I kill demons?

ZACK- Who knows, many of them were suffering from their terrible past and were surviving like a demon. People like you ended their lives.

SHAWN- Demons are demons, they are a threat to humans!! They need to be killed as soon as possible.

ZACK- That doesn't mean you will kill all demons. Killing is not a solution, you guys gotta find a way to cure them instead of killing them. That's why, I don't trust any human except Zep.

SHAWN- Will you say that last line if you were a human?

ZACK- Of course, since my high school life started, everyone bullied me, never thought how hurt and dead I am inside. Everyone used me, no one cared about me. They killed me to the silence. My own parents used to love me a lot, but later when I grew up, they forgot that I am their son. Still, I loved my parents because they still gave me food to eat and gave me a room to live, just because I am their own blood. After becoming a demon and talking to other demons, I learned how much they were hurt in their human life. So tell me, how I would be able to trust anyone after experiencing a lot of trauma?!

SHAWN- Zack, you need therapy!

ZACK- You need therapy whore-@$$ b**ch.

SHAWN- Seems, like I need to kill you (aims his Uzi at him)

ZEP- (stood in front of Zack) Don't!!!

SHAWN- (shocked)

ZACK- Zep?! Are you mad or what? What are you doing?!

ZEP- Before killing him, you need to kill me.

SHAWN- I am sorry miss, but I can't kill innocent people.

ZEP- I don't care if I am innocent or not!! I can't live without Zack. My dad died due to heart failure 5 years ago. And my mom is also no more in this world. I can't trust my relatives also. Only Zack is left who cares about me. If he died, then there is no point in my existence.

SHAWN- I can understand you, but he's a demon.

ZEP- I don't care if he's a demon, he still has those human feelings.

*Before Shawn could say something, someone came from behind, pointing a gun at his head. *

SHAWN- Huh?

ZACK- Sensei!!

HAZEL- How dare you attack my student?

SHAWN- Student?

HAZEL- Yep, he's my student. I am a teacher at the school where he studies. I am his guardian, Hazel.

ZACK- Sensei? What are you doing here?

HAZEL- Zack, I already knew that you are a demon and about what happened in the last 2 days. Your father was my childhood friend. I heard those siren noises, so I got worried about you. So, I went to find you.

SHAWN- You are also supporting a demon?!

HAZEL- Because he still possesses human feelings. Better stay away, or my katana will speak.

ZACK- Sensei, you also?

HAZEL- I am also an undercover demon hunter. But, don't worry, I only kill those who lost human feelings.

SHAWN- How we can trust you?

HAZEL- I would have killed Asahi a long time back, but I am not like you who just works for money.

SHAWN- You guys are irritating me!

ZACK- You are also irritating us!!

*Suddenly, the shed broke and a demon came inside, holding Rohan in his hand. *

ZACK- Rohan!!!

ROHAN- Uh, I am out of dead cells!!

DEMON- Aha, more food!!!

SHAWN- What the? What kind of demon is this!!!!

HAZEL- Tsuchigumo, a demon with a tiger's body, spider's legs and demon face.

ZACK- Rohan, why you are not able to attack?

ROHAN- He paralysed me!! I can't move!!

HAZEL- We gotta be careful, this one is a really dangerous one. Zack, take her somewhere safe. I and this dumb officer will take care of this demon.

SHAWN- I am not dumb!!

ZACK- Zep, come. We gotta leave this place.

*Zack took Zep and flew away from the place. *

HAZEL- (takes out his katana from his back) Let's see how much skilled you are, Mr Shawn.

SHAWN- You guys are literally underestimating, lemme me show you what I can do!!