The Runaway Bride - 1

Inara -

She was running to save herself

Turning back again and again, her pace never slowed down. Her ankles were adored with anklets that were ringing with every step she took. 

She was in the middle of no where. It looked like she was in a forest. She was tired from running, all she could hear were her ragged breaths, her running feet and the dark could see the fear on her face. In the night you could see her gold and red jewelry shining through the dark.

She was running in a wedding gown. She was running away from her own wedding. She still couldn't believe it. She ran away! She ran away and told her parents she was running away. How crazy is that?! Who tells their parents before running away. Well she did. She couldn't just break their trust like that.

But she couldn't get married to that man. He was terrifying and scary. Their entire family was evil and undeterred, they could never hear rejection. They took what they wanted. And that is what she was mostly scared of.

She ran for hours and hours without stopping. Finally she came across a village. It was super small and tiny. She desperately needed a place to stay and she didn't have much money to spend. So she went into what looked like an abandoned home. The house was eerily quiet. Making her terrified. The house was not in good shape, but it would have to do.

She opened the door, surprisingly it was unlocked. She stepped in and went to the furthest room from the door. Luckily the house was pretty sturdy. It just looked abandoned, but she could tell someone was living here. There was no dust inside, everything was clean, there were basic necessities in the house, there were groceries in the fridge. She knew this wasn't her most brilliant idea, but she had to stay.

She got into the room and took off all her makeup and jewelry. Relief was washing all over her when she was finally finished. She finally relaxed after all that running. She stored everything in her bag, got into bed and finally slept.

———————————————————

Hi everyone! This is my very first book I'm publishing. I'm sorry that the chapter is short. I'm going to be working on that. I never really know how to start stories, but don't worry the next chapter is already written and will be published in a couple of minutes. I will probably edit these chapters later on. But I really wanted to post the first and second chapters.

I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned to meet Aayan in the next chapter!

Byeeeeee. 🫶🏻💕