The Forced Marriage - 4

Third person pov

After their breakfast Aayan and Inara got up and put the dishes in the sink

After their breakfast Aayan and Inara got up and put the dishes in the sink. They both went to the living room and sat across from each other on the couch. He signed. Aayan didn't know what he was going to do, he doesn't know how he's going to contact the mechanic because he couldn't find a phone charger in the house. How strange. He looked around and saw the creepy Rapunzel in the wedding dress.

"Hey creepy Rapunzel!"

"Don't call me that, I have a name you know."

"You never told me your name, you've been too busy trying to hit me with a pan!"

"My name is Inara Khan"

'Huh, she actually has a nice name.' He thought to himself.

"Nice to meet you Inara. I'm Aayan"

'I like the way he said my name. It sounds so much better when he says it' Inara thought, but quickly realized what she was thinking and snapped out of her daze.

"Nice to meet you too. What do you want?"

"You're so mean! Unlike your name"
"Hey I've been being polite"

"You're being POLITE?! You literally chased me and tried hitting me with a pan. That's not being polite."

"It could've been worse. Be grateful"
'Be grateful' he mumbled under his breath.

"Anyways, Inara, do you have a phone I can borrow"

"Maybe, what are you going to try to do?"

"I need to make a phone call. Please let me borrow it!" He said desperately.
"Hey I never said I have it"

"By your facial expression I can tell you have a phone"

"Well you look like you'd have a phone too. Then why do you wanna use my phone?"

"My phone died, please let me use it. I'll be quick. I promise!"

"Fine I'll give it to you, but you can't break your promise. You better not try and do anything stupid."

"I don't do stupid things."

"Do you want to borrow it or not?"

"Yes I do"

"Then don't argue"

"Fine, I won't do anything stupid.
Now please give me your phone"
————
He made the phone call. Apparently it was going to take another hour to fix. There was a part in the car that needed to be changed and the mechanic couldn't find the replacement nearby, so he had to get his employees to get it from a different location. Which caused him to need more time with the car.

Luckily, Aayan was still stuck in the house and he couldn't really leave. Tomorrow was his first official workday. He'll be starting his project tomorrow. He has to read the files today to see the complete goal he needs to accomplish with his pears.

Aayan gave the phone back to Creepy Rapunzel. And sat on the couch. She was watching the view from the window.

When out of no where he started hearing a loud group of men from a distance.

Inara and Aayan looked at each other. Just as Inara was about to say something, the door pushed open. Both of them looked at each other panicking.

Aayan quickly got up and got infront of Inara. He was many things and being a gentleman was one of them.
"Just stay behind me, don't try and do anything stupid." She desperately wanted to talkback but chose not do so.

"What are you two doing here?" Said one of the men from the group.

"My car broke down and my phone died. I couldn't find any other motel here and it was late at night. It looked like no one resided here so I stayed the night." Said Aayan

"What about the girl, why is she here? And why is she in a wedding dress?"

They both gulped, Aayan didn't know what to say. And he didn't want anyone to accuse her either. Unknowingly he already had a soft corner for her. He turned his head back and looked her in the eyes.

Her breath hitched. She was not expecting him to make eye contact with her. But he looked sincere and concern was written all over his face. Heat crept on to her cheeks. She quickly looked away, not wanting to draw attention to her flushed face.

"ANSWER MY QUESTION" said the man.

"I was forced into a marriage so I ran away" Inara whispered.

Aayan clenched his fist. By her voice he could tell she was about to cry.
"Don't yell at her. I respect all elders, but you can't punish us. We did nothing wrong."

"You did nothing wrong? You're the one who helped her escape the wedding"

"Yeah this is disgraceful! We will not let our daughters be influenced by you both" one of them said from the group.

"We didn't do anything!! I didn't help her escape! We coincidentally ended up here"

"Yeah he didn't help me escape! I ran away on my own"

"We already decided, no need to lie to us! You both did haram. And the girl! You ran away from your wedding you are a disgrace to everyone and your parents"

"I SAID DON'T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!" Aayan yelled. He was tired of being accused by everyone. But he could see the tears welling up in her eyes and he hated that. He hated all these men smirking and smiling at Inara. Aayan got in front of Inara again and gave her a glare to stay put.

"You both are a disgrace and will receive punishment" said the eldest of the village.

"But we-" Aayan was cut off by the same man.

"You are living in my village, you will do as I say!!" Said the man angrily
Aayan and Inara both got quiet and looked at the man.

"You will get married today. And make this relationship halal"

"WHAT?!" Aayan yelled

Before they knew it. The imam came through the door. And they both were forced to sit on the chairs across from each other.

"Do you, Aayan Malik, accept Inara Khan as your wife with two lackhs rupees mehr?" The question was repeated thrice and Aayan gave the same repond "Qubool hai" thrice.
The same question was asked from Inara and she also replied

"Qubool hai"

"Qubool hai"

"Qubool hai"

Their faiths had been tied. She was officially Mrs. Inara Malik. But unlike most Nikkah's they weren't happy. They were forced by the rules of society. Even though this was against Islam.
———————————————————
1,068 words!! Long chapter!

How was it?!

Did you guys enjoy it?

Stay tuned to find out more about Inara and Aayan

See ya next time 🫶🏻