2

𖤓 ♪

the night sky soon started to take over the brightness from outside and the temperature started to drop. there was five minutes left to her shift so she decided to pack and clean up the store just before she closed up for tonight.

grabbing her keys and bag, she clocked out and went straight to the front of the store. she felt a bit hungry while locking up the door so she decided to rush home to eat her mother's food.

𖤓 ♪

"i'm home," aki yelled out at the entrance of her home. she was taking off her shoes as she heard multiple footsteps running through the house. after taking off her shoes, she looks up and see's a white ball of hair running towards her.

"lunaa," aki dragged out while walking towards the energetic cotton ball what was wagging its tail. she sat down on the floor, back against the side of the couch, slightly slouching. the small dog jumped on the owner's lap and climbed up to her shoulder begging to pet.

"hi, sweetie," a deep voice called out.

"hey, dad. where's mom?" aki responded back to her father. she picked up the small pup and placed her down so she could stand up and face her father. she stood up and saw that her father was seated on the singular couch with a newspaper in his has and his leg crossed over the other. he had his reading glasses on so Aki can tell he didn't want to be bothered too much.

"she's in the kitchen. she's making curry tonight so go clean up get ready to eat," he replied to his daughter, without looking up from the section he was reading on from his newspaper.

like father like son she thought in her head.

she started heading straight to her room, with luna quickly following behind, and entered her dark room. she head towards her desk that was against the wall and turned on the lamp. as she turned around, she already saw luna curled on her wrinkled sheets that she left in the morning on her bed and cooed; but she soon sighed to express her tiredness that resulted after today. she turned her focus to her small table side next to it, crouched down, and turned on the small lamp that she has to read her books late at night.

getting her pajamas and her towel, she walks back out to the hallway, leaving the small pet, and heads to the restroom.

𖤓 ♪

heading straight to her kitchen, freshly clean with her pajamas and her glasses sitting on her nose (she felt much more at ease after taking off her contacts) she saw her mother already serving the plates for everyone.

"hi, mom," Aki happily greeted her.

"hello, Aki," her mother greeted back at her with a warm tone and small smile, "do you by any chance know if your brother will be eating with us today?" she questioned.

"no he won't today. he told me before he left the store that he was hanging out with a friend named riki so he won't be able to eat with us tonight," Aki explained to her mother while transferring the dishes from the elder's hand to the table.

"oh okay, that's fine. go call your father, please. i'll give your brother a call later to ask what time he'll be getting home,"  her mother said as she gestured her to the living room. after she called her father they all sat down together and started eating.

their meal times were usually peaceful and quiet without her brother. but when he is present, he always starts picking up small debates with the younger at any chance he got; but when their parents always try to stop him , his excuse was saying it was out of love while batting his eyes at them for forgiveness.

after the 3 finished eating, it was already seven-thirty so Aki headed up to her room after helping her mom put away the dishes and began to finish up the school work she started during her shift at the store. luna was playing around with a chew toy in the middle of her room, but once she saw her owner standing up and turning off her desk lamp, she quickly dropped her toy to put all her attention on the human that was walking towards her mattress.

Aki tucked herself in, set her phone to charge and put on an alarm to wake herself up early tomorrow. the white puppy soon joined her in bed by getting comfortable in the far end of the bed so she won't be squashed in the middle of the night.

"goodnight, luna," Aki said before closing her eyes and falling into deep slumber.

𖤓 ♪