5

𖤓 ♪

"calm down, akaya, nothing seriously happened," aki clarified to the teasing girl.

"are you sure? you guys were talking to each other for a while," akaya said with a teasing tone with her eyebrows wiggling at the flushed girl.

"his name is ni-ki and he was asking for my brother. he said they were supposed to meet today but i guess shota didn't tell him he had a class today," she explained, "he's kinda cute though."

akaya eyed her friend. she had her suspicions, but brushed it off and told her to just ring her up so she can leave.

"i thought you didn't want to study today?" aki asked the other girl.

"you know how far my house is. i need to catch the next bus so i stay out too late. besides, i don't want to be late for dinner either way and i need to finish the science homework from today," the girl frowned. as she bid good bye to the 2 workers, she left the store with their new vinyl and hurried out.

"so, what am i going to be doing today?" aki asked her father.

"just sweep every once in a while and fix the order of the vinyls. i don't want to stay too late either. we're in charge of buying dinner today since it friday and you know how your mother gets when she's hungry," he explained.

understanding what he meant, she quickly went  to work. there were a few customers today, she was grateful there wasn't too many so they won't have to deal with them.

𖤓 ♪

her dad decided to close up early since they didn't have any customers for the last 30 minutes. in other words, she was hungry and just wanted to go home and eat with his family.

"alright, let's hurry and get some food for the whole pack at the house. what do you feel like eating?" he questioned his daughter. he locked the door and turned around to see his daughter already waiting next to her bike. she thought about the options for a while, she was kind of craving fried chicken for a while, but she craved udon as well. she told her dad what she had been craving recently and he nodded knowing where to go.

𖤓 ♪

i'm the end he decided to get fried chicken. once they got home, Mr. Haku told her to get the food and head inside while he put away her bike.

entering the house, she heard the tv playing in the living room. she didn't hear or even see luna rushing to her. "i'm home!" she announced. she head to the kitchen after she took off her shoes and started to unpack the food on the table.

"hi, honey," her mother called out from the entrance of the kitchen. aki looked up and saw her mother walking towards her to see what they got. luna was also walking behind her mother, just following around until she saw aki. she started wagging her tail and ran up to her trying to reach up to her.

"hi, mom, we got fried chicken today for dinner," she said as she started laying out the food.

"oh that good! where's your father?" she questioned while passing out the food as well. aki explained the he was still outside and that he'll come inside shortly. her dad came in shortly and headed straight to the kitchen.

"did shota get home already?" aki asked her mom.

"no, he'll be home soon. for now, let's just eat or else the food will get cold," her mom responded.

a few minutes later after they had all sat down, they heard a door unlocking. looking up to the doorway, they see luna running up to see who it was, shota.

"i'm home! sorry i'm late," he announced while braking off his shoes infront of the door.

"come and eat. we got some fried chicken," Mrs. Haku responded back from the dining room.

when he entered the room, he greeted his mom and dad before sitting down. aki looked at him, debating if she should tell him about his friend visiting the store earlier.

i mean, he probably already answered him back. should i just tell him? whatever, it's not even that big of a deal.

she then reached her hand into the bucket of chicken that was placed in the middle of table.
"you're friend passes but the store and asked if you were working today by the end way" aki spoke out.

"yeah i know. i got his calls and messages. it was a one time thing either way, i forgot i had class today but i'll tell him next time. oh, and i already told him to not pass by anymore, it's not needed," shota explained while eating the chicken leg innocently .

aki just nodded her head and continued eating the food infront of her. while Mr. Haku was busy eating his food in front of him, his wife looked at their son strangely with her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth full. she turned to look at her husband but once she looked at him, his attention was focused on the chicken wing that was placed infront of him. Mrs. Haku just brushed it off as the family continued to eat in complete silence.

𖤓 ♪