3

even though aki put her alarm on early in the morning, she still woke up later than she desired and was running late. when speed walking to the front door, she stop at their home's shoe rack and made sure she had her keys and books for today and started putting on her shoes.

"Aki, do you need a ride to school today?" a deep voiced called out from the kitchen. the frantic girl turned around to see her dad peaking out the entry of the kitchen.

"no i'm fine, thanks anyway. i got to hurry so i'm going to take my bike so don't freak out if you think anybody robbed us. bye, dad!" aki quickly rambled back and exited out the house without another word.

𖤓 ♪

break time.

break time was aki's favorite part of her school day.  second to lunch though, obviously. break time was the time for her to catch up on updates that included her favorite artists in today's society. some of those include anderson paak, bruno mars, grentperez, dominic fike, and many more.

right when she was about to put in her worn out wired earphones, she felt someone poke her shoulder from behind. she turned around to come face with someone with someone with a beaming smile that quickly faded once seeing her bore face.

"you're just going to put in your earphones as if you didn't almost came late to school today? tsk what kind of best friend am i supposed to be if you aren't gonna tell me the events that are happening in your life," the girl whined disappointingly. "like what if you crashed into a boy while getting here? i'm not a mind reader you know," the girl rambled on even further. aki just stared at her until she felt like she finished her reasonings.

"are you done?" aki asked the slightly annoyed girl infront of her. she nodded her head.

"firstly, you are going to be my best friend i turn to first when something big happens in my life so stop being dramatic, akaya. secondly, nothing happened while getting here. it's just a normal school day like usual, no interaction with the male species yet other than my dad from this morning. and lastly, the reason i was almost late was because i kept hitting the snooze button on my alarm. everyone has those days where they just don't want to be bothered with another stressful day of work; and that day happens to be today for me," aki clarified her bestfriend for reassurance.

"okay good. i just want to make sure you know," akaya said in a brighter tone.

"hey are you busy after school today? i don't really feel like studying today after school, i just want a break before the weekend hits you know?"akaya stated with a hint of hope in her voice desperately wishing her friend said yes.

"sorry i can't today. i have to work at the store today with my dad cause shota has classes today," aki sadly responded back. she didn't feel like working or studying today either. like she said earlier, today was just a lazy day for her despite it already being filled with plans.

"oh, we'll that's fine either way. i could just go with you after school. i haven't been there in a while and i need some new cd's either way. oh, have you guys gotten the 1975 deluxe version vinyl?" akaya said excitedly. "i know i'm way late on them but i desperately need to get my hands on that vinyl."

"i don't know, to be honest. i don't really look at the new stuff we get. i think i'm just putting things back in their place today either way. i have to ask my dad either way to see. i also don't think i can take you seriously while being behind the counter with you as a paying customer," aki said jokingly. just when akaya was about to defend herself, the bell rang meaning their fifteen minute break was done and soon it was back to studying.