New Beginnings

My back slid down the soft couch as I flicked through tv channels. It was another rough day and the last thing I wanted was to regress, it was too scary alone. I used to regress all the time, back when Ali was around. She always made the monsters go away when I couldn't. Now, it's just me and the darkness.
To my dismay I felt myself beginning to slip ever so slowly.
My hands gripped around my phone, searching for a distraction. Before I could type, a strange add popped up.
"Are you tired of regressing alone? We have created An app for smalls and bigs alike to find each other! Download 'SmallSpot' today"
What. The.  Fuck.
My hands gripped my phone as I rushed to type in the app. I didn't dare to question how weird that was, I may of found the solution to my problem. A small friend! I wasn't ready for a caregiver, at least not yet. It's only been a year and a half since Ali died. I don't like to think about it to much or all my thoughts turn into a tornado and the darkness wins.
My phone lights up my tear stained face. The app is downloaded. A small smile twists around my lips as I begin to fill in my details. My finger hesitates as I go to fill in my real name, will somebody find it? I don't care. I need to be honest, I don't want to hide anymore. I type in 'Alfie' with a reassuring nod. Next it asked me to create a username. My mind flicked through all my usual ones, no...they are to easy to find. After some thought I settled on 'alfielovessharks' and pressed submit. I'm not one for apps like this, but I was desperate.

As the night went on I found myself checking my phone at every notification, hoping for a match. Alas, there was nothing. My phone slapped against my nightstand as I rolled over. A soft sigh escaping my lips. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

★★★★★★

The gentle morning light shone through the leaves curtains, casting patterns against my wall. My heart skipped a beat as I reached for my phone. My heart sung with the notification of a match. A boy named 'Leo' stared back at me. He looked about my age with brown curls that hung just over his eyes and a kind smile wrapped across his face.
A message appeared beside his name, and instantly I clicked on it.

leotheshark04: Hey! I'm so glad we matched, I love your username :) My name is Leo and I'm an age regressor (Duh) and well, if you haven't guessed, I love sharks too!!

I hovered over the message for a second before typing my response.

alfielovessharks: Hi Leo! That's so cool, I'm glad I found another person who loves sharks :D

leotheshark04: Yes! So, tell me a bit about yourself? What's your favourite shark?

alfielovessharks: So, I'm Alfie and I'm 20 years old, I live in Melbourne Australia and I regress to the ages 0-3! My favourite shark would have to be the basking shark! What's your favourite?

leotheshark04: Oh my gosh, I live near Melbourne!!!

leotheshark04: Oh! And I'm also 20, I regress to the ages 6-8 and my favourite shark would have to be the Whale Shark!!

alfielovessharks: Oooh, we should totally meet up sometime!

leotheshark04: Yes! I'd love that :D

leotheshark04: Y'know what we should do? Play would you rather!

alfielovessharks: Ok ok, let's do that

My cheeks begin to ache from the big goofy grin that's plastered across my face. Leo is so kind and thank god he keeps the conversation going. I'm probably the most awkward person I know and this is the first time I've felt like things were going smoothly.

leotheshark04: Would you rather never regress again or always be regressed?

alfielovessharks: Honestly, always be regressed! It's such a huge coping mechanism for me

leotheshark04: I totally agree, your turn!!

alfielovessharks: Hmm...would you rather have unlimited pacis or unlimited toys?

leotheshark04: Pacis all the way dude!

We talked and laughed for what seemed like hours. Leo makes me feel so safe and I've only known him for a couple hours. I really can't wait to meet him.

—-

A/N: Welcome to my new book, I hope you enjoy! There will be no nsfw, angst or triggering things in this book because it's meant to be light hearted and wholesome :)