Playdates

My hands fidgeted with my overalls as I sat on the tram. I spent two hours picking this outfit. A primary colour block onesie with my blue overalls and white dino converse. I packed a paci and some toys, just like Leo said to do. He said I can use those things with this group, they won't judge. I really hope they won't.

After an hour, I made it to the address Leo sent me. It was a small isolated park, perfect for the group. In the centre of the park there were about fifteen people gathered around a mass of picnic blankets. A boy with short blonde hair waved me over to them and so I followed.
"Hi Alfie, I'm so glad you could make it. I'm Sam, Leo's caregiver" the boy with blonde hair said, extending a hand.
"Hello, lovely to meet you" I replied, shaking his hand.
"Come with me, I'll introduce you to everyone"
"Ok"
Sam guided me over to a small group of people on the pink picnic blanket. There was three girls dressed in toddler-like clothing and two boys who looked as if they were their caregivers.
"This is Marigold, Wren, Layla and their carers, Thomas and Andre" Sam said, as they waved with kind smiles.
Next we went over to the striped blue and green picnic blanket which consisted of a beautiful blonde girl with blue eyes and two brunette girls.
"This is Faith, Willow and Charlotte, they're all caregivers! Willow and Charlottes kiddos are over playing with Leo" Sam explained, pointing toward a patch of grass where three people were playing frisbee.
"Hey kiddo, it's nice to meet you" the blonde woman, Faith said in a soft voice, making my stomach do backflips.

After I met everybody I sat in the corner of the mats, away from everyone. I wanted to play, but to be honest, I've never met other regressors until now. Suddenly the mat shifted beside me. It was Faith. My heart rate quickened as I turned towards her. I'm not sure why, but she makes me nervous. A good kind of nervous, the kind that makes me giddy and want to be around her.
"Hey, Alfie, why aren't ya playin with the other kids?" Faith asked, sitting beside me.
"Uhm I don't know, I've never met another regressor before, let alone this many" I said with a nervous chuckle.
"Oh fair enough, this must be a lot, hey? I was a bit overwhelmed to when I first joined but I swear it gets better"
"I hope so haha" I mumble.
"So tell me about yourself, Alfie" Faith questioned leaning in, intently.
"Well I'm 20 years old and I regress to the ages 0-3 involuntarily and voluntarily. I love most ocean animals, especially sharks and I love to draw!" I reply, excitedly.
Before Faith could respond, Leo comes hurdling over towards us.
"ALFIE! ALFIE!" He chants, tackling me into a hug, causing us both to burst into laughter.
"Well it look like someone is excited to see Alfie" Faith said, chuckling at our antics.
"Hi, Leo" I say, muffled by his shirt.
"It's so good to see you, I'm so glad you came" Leo said, letting go of me.
He was so much cooler in person.
"Haha yeah"
"Do you wanna play with us?" An obviously regressed Leo questioned, bouncing up and down.
I give an apologetic glance at Faith. She mouths 'go play' back at me, with an understanding smile.
"Ok" I say, running after Leo.

The day flew by and I had the most fun I've ever had in a long, long time. I was finally free to be me.

As I was leaving, I worked up the courage to go to Faith.
"Hey Faith, sorry about earlier...I was wondering if, maybe...I could give you my number? Just y'know so we can finish out conversation" I ramble.
"Yes of course, Alfie" she replied with a giggle.
"Yay! I mean- uhm...here's my number" I reply, blushing profusely.
"Thanks, buddy" she says smiling at me.

—-

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope your enjoying this book :) don't forget to vote :3