How could I be so stupid

Alyssa POV

"Get talking! I don't have all day!"

I'm standing and Carter is sitting. I keep walking back and forth, waiting for an answer. I bend down and put my hands on his legs and look him right in the eyes.

"Start talking!" I slap him.

"I didn't know she would ever find me. I'm sorry you had to see her."

He's showing nothing. Not even sad. Maybe a little scared.

"Who is she?"

I say screaming.

"My old girlfriend! Stop yelling at me!"

"Well I need answers. Why didn't you tell me, you had a crazy girlfriend?"

"Why can't you just drop it?"

He's angry

"Ok, goodbye. I'm getting nothing out of you, so I'll be leaving. Bye Jackass."

I say heading towards the door.

"Alyssa don't leave me!"

I start running. Once I'm out of the building I head towards the back of it. He wouldn't go there. As I'm turning around the building, I get pulled to the ground. Then a hand goes on my hand, just before I start screaming.

"Please calm down. I'll explain everything."

I look up and see the girl from the room. The old girlfriend. She removes her hand from my mouth.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Please let me explain everything. I promise that I won't hurt you."

"Better hurry up, before he sends people after us."

"Follow me."

We start running and run up the hill. Once were there we sit down.

"Ok for starters, my name is Lindsey Phillips. I'm 20 years old and I dated Carter for one year."

"Ok."

"You're probably wondering, why am I here. I'm here because Carter wrecked my life and I want him to pay for it."

"What did he do to you?"

I ask curiously.

"Almost exactly what he's doing to you."

"And that's?"

"He makes you feel loved. Uses your resources, or in your case your parents. He just wants money and power."

Holy Shit

"Why was he with you?"

"My dad won the lottery. He got around 20 million dollars."

"How did you guys meet?"

"He randomly moved into town and wanted to get to know me. When we made it official, that we were boyfriend and girlfriend, he started asking me stuff. Asking for money, saying it was for his parents. One day, I went to his house as a surprise."

She looks at me, making sure that I'm paying attention.

"He wasn't there so I decided to look around. Being the type of girlfriend that I was, I look at his computer history. Not a good idea. It had "2015 lottery winners", at the top of most viewed websites. Then I saw me name, he looked at my instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. He was stalking me. He was looking for lottery winners, who had daughters, that he could date and get some money out of them."

"He must look at all of this camps participants records. To see if they have any money or connections."

"Probably. I'm so sorry. He actually stole money from me and he could do the same to you."

"Why would he do this?"

I feel my eyes water.

"My guess, he owes someone a lot of money and that he's running out of time."

"How could I be so stupid?"

"Its not your fault."

She wraps her arms around me. How could he do this to me? I thought he actually cared for me. I was wrong.

"Thanks for warning me about him."

"Anytime. It's getting late, you should head back soon."

"Where are you staying?"

"I have no idea."

"Stay with me. We can watch out for each other. But you'll have to stay there all day, until I get home. Would you want to?"

"If that's alright with you."

"Of course it is, us girls need to watch out for each other!"

"Thanks." 

She smiles at me. I feel like I've made a new friend.

"I want to get back at him, for what he's done. I want to wreck his life and make him pay. Who know how many girls he cheated money out of. I'll help you."

"Thanks. Let's head back."

We start running back to my room. But I think to myself.

Carter, I will make you pay. You made me feel special for once and now all that's gone.

I can't believe he's lied to me all this time. All I ever wanted, was someone to truly love me.

Is that to much to ask for?

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!!!PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKED ABOUT IT!!!!!