P1

Narrator

Hanni Pham has always been a little... challenged. Mostly academically, but also in a lot of other things.

Her classmates still don't know this, and think of her as a model student.

Y/L/N is a diagnosed sociopath. They've always struggled to feel any kind of empathy or connection towards any other human being. They do things to benefit themselves and themselves only.

They bully because they get a kick out of it, they do whatever just because they want to, whether it be because they're bored, angry, and because they don't feel any sort of remorse for what they do.

Y/n's POV

My friends and I were ditching class, hanging around at the back of the school, once again.

"I think it's probably at level 30 now," Yeonjun said as he puffed on his cigarette, looking into the sky.

"Mine's probably level 50," Soobin boasted.

"You're lying!" Yeonjun laughed.

"No, my shuttle is just that good," Soobin denied.

We've been at it for weeks. First person to level 200 on a game we've been playing.

"What about yours, Y/n?" Soobin nodded at me.

"Ehhh... level 50." I said.

"Don't you guys feel a little sorry for your shuttles? They barely get to go home with the amount of time you're making them grind." Yeonjun said.

A shuttle is another student who carries out another assignment for you. There are many types of shuttles, like video game shuttles and homework shuttles. They're like slaves at that point.

"Who cares? Free levels is free levels." Soobin said. "That's probably why you're still at level 30, you keep giving your shuttle time off."

"I guess so." Yeonjun puffed his cigarette.

Soobin and Yeonjun aren't really my 'friends'. They're more like company. Something to cure my boredom. Tools.

They know about my mental health condition, and they're fine with it.

"Hyungnim! There's someone coming!" The first-grader that we forced on lookout hissed.

"Oh shit-" Yeonjun and Soobin stubbed out their cigarettes and hid them under their shoes.

"What are you three doing back here?!" The president, Minji said.

"Uh, we needed fresh air, presidentnim," Soobin said, putting his arms behind his back and straightening up.

"You think I'm stupid? You stink of cigarettes." Minji said.

"Can you only smell it because your nose is so fuckin' long?" I asked.

Yeonjun and Soobin snickered.

"What- DETENTION FOR THE THREE OF YOU!" She yelled, her face red with embarrassment.

The two groaned and surrendered, walking back to class.