[𝟎𝟎𝟐] 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐄

Biana threw tunics from her closet left and right, determined on finding the right outfits for Sophie and Lilith - apparently, they're clothes weren't 'fancy' enough for tonight's Aurenflare at the Vackers to commemorate the new year at Foxfire. 

Biana turned towards Sophie and held up a red tunic with a white sash embroidered with roses. 

"This!" She declared, and tossed the outfit to Sophie who seemed as though she would rather climb into a pile of Alicorn manure than put on fancy clothes and eat mallowmelt. 

When Biana turned back around from her closet, she held a maroon tunic, a red much darker than Sophie's, with a black belt made of vines. 

"Hmm... I feel this could suit you, although it's missing something..." Biana murmured to herself, then grabbed a golden bracelet shaped in the same vine design as the belt. 

"This bracelet is stunning," Lilith said, holding the bracelet gingerly. 

"I'm glad you like it, now go change!" Biana exclaimed, and shooed them away. 

Lilith grinned at Sophie before quickly changing into the outfit. 

---

Although fancy tunics weren't Lilith's style, she couldn't help but feel pretty in the outfit. She twisted the gold bracelet around her wrist as she went to go see Sophie, who looked just as pretty. 

"Ready?" Lilith asked, linking her arms through Sophie's.

"I guess," Sophie responded, but Lilith could see the pink on Sophie's cheeks as they reached the top of the stairs. 

"Oh, girls, you look so beautiful! You should wear those colours more often!" Della gasped. This time, Lilith also felt a bit shy. 

She noticed Keefe and Fitz standing at the bottom of the stairs. While Fitz seemed focused on Sophie, Keefe locked eyes directly with Lilith. 

"What?" Sophie asked the boys, to which they quickly shook their heads and looked away. 

"Nothing," They mumbled in unison. 

They walked outside, the crackling fire burning bright. While everyone seemed to draw closer and closer to the flame, hands full of mallowmelt and other delicious treats, Sophie and Lilith stayed behind. 

"You hear it too, don't you? The cracks. The sparks." Sophie asked in a hushed whisper.

"Yeah... I feel like I'm getting a headache. I jump at each sound," Lilith shuddered. 

"Are you alright?" A voice asked from behind Lilith - Keefe.

Lilith turned and saw Sophie walk towards Fitz. "Yeah, I'm alright... Just a headache," she responded. 

"Have you talked to Elwin?" Keefe asked, concerned. They sat on a silver bench, a good distance away from the fire. 

"It's not really that type of headache," Lilith explained, hoping he would get it. 

Keefe pursed his lips. "I get it. I mean, I wasn't in the same situation as you, but sometimes I also have these headaches that seem to come from deep inside me, if that's what you mean," 

"Exactly, it's- it's just so frustrating - it feels like everything is some sort of trigger for a memory, but I can't figure out anything," Lilith said, frustrated. 

Keefe wrapped an arm around her, and she leaned her head on his shoulder. 

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," Keefe responded, "You always do,"

Lilith lifted her head and smiled at him, "I sure hope so,"

Author's note:

This chapter was much shorter than the previous, since I'm still trying to skim through Exile and get the plot together. A lot of it is difficult to tie in with Lilith's story, but I'm figuring it out!

I hope you're enjoying it so far!

With love,

Em