Birthday

Mandarin: []
Malay: Nothing.

Ying is in her room, asleep. She always wakes up at around 6:30, except when she's on the TAPOPS station when she has to wake up earlier. But today was a special day; her 17th birthday. Her mother let her sleep in and also turned off her alarm. They were having a surprise, Chinese style birthday party in the park for her, they had started setting up the party since last night and they are planning to keep her away until sundown. It was around 8:45 already when Ying stirred.

Ying: *yawns* Hmm... the suns out high... what time is it?

She tiredly turns her head over to look at her electronic clock.

Time: 8:48am

Ying:Huh?! That late?!

She leaned over in surprise only to fall off her bed onto the floor.

Ying: Ack! Oww...

The Chinese girl lifted her head up from the ground and rubbed it while trying to shake off her tiredness.

Ying; Uhhh... wait what day is it.

She got up and used her dresser for support and when she glanced over at where she had her hand, there was her calendar. December 18th.

. . .

Ying: It's my birthday! I'm 17! WOO HOO!!!
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Grandma Ying: It seems that Ying's awake.

Yang: Oh! I've gotta get these out the house and to the park.

Yang had multiple trays of goods her arms for the party and was just about to take them to the park. Grandma Ying was sitting in the living room on her armchair.

Yang: Mom! Distract her!

Grandma Ying: Alrighty.

With that Chinese woman rushed the food out of the house. Ying came downstairs in her pajamas a minute later and slides into the living room.

Grandma Ying: Hello Ying. What's got you in such a hurry?

Ying: Grandma! Don't you know what day it is?!

Grandma Ying: Wednesday?

Ying: Hah?! Grandma!

Grandma Ying: I'm messing with you dear, Happy Birthday.