Fitting in

Mandarin: Nothing
Malay:[]

Fang had curled up at the foot of his bed, his head buried in his shoulders. His body was practically vibrating as he was holding it in. He can't be gone...he can't. Why... why is the universe so cruel to him? He hears the door slide open, but he doesn't look up. He thought it was Sai.

Yaya: Fang...

Fang looks up slightly at the unexpected voice. Ying and Yaya stood in front of him. He glances between the two before putting his head back down.

Fang: Whatever you have to say don't bother guys... I'm fine.

Ying: No you're not Fang, and that's okay! It's not bad to feel upset about these things.

The two girls kneel down next to their grief stricken friend.

Fang: I said I'm fine-

Yaya: Fang, stop lying to yourself. Anyone in your position would feel so many overwhelming emotions.

Ying: Yaya is right. It's alright to be vulnerable right now where here for you. We all are. Us, the twins, Maskmana, Boboiboy and Gopal when they get back, your brother-

Fang: I'm not burdening Kaizo with my problems. He's hurting too and the last thing he needs it to be worrying about me.

Ying: Fang... these emotions, this hurt you and Captain Kaizo are sharing this. You both lost someone you saw as a surrogate father. Both of your feelings are validated.

Fang: I... no, You wouldn't get it-

Ying: Yes we would! Fang you know that. I understand what it's like... to lose someone like that. To feel the denial. To think that... it's somehow all my fault.

The girl was by now also close to tears having those scars resurface. Fangs eyes widened and he instinctively began to apologize.

Fang: No- I didn't mean... You're right. I-I'm sorry Ying. I-I just... can't believe he's really gone.

The boy's barrier was finally cracking as tears filled the bridge of his eyes. Yaya put a hand on his shoulder as Ying took both his hands in hers.

Fang: Am... Am I cursed?!

Yaya: What... why-

Fang: Because every person I seem to care about. The people that I love keep dying! Or getting hurt! Mama, Dad, Lin'ai, Kul'dar... the twins always get hurt when on missions with me; Abang always gets hurt saving me when I try and help him. You all got hurt the first time you met Kaizo because you also tried to help me! I'm cursed! Cursed that I can't have anyone close to me without getting them injured or worse!

(AN: I am close to tears myself writing this 😭 I'm such an empath )

Tears were rolling down Fang's face, but he couldn't stop it. He grips Ying's hands tightly, but the girl doesn't pull away. She and Yaya look at their friend in shock and empathy. They had never fully realized how much Fang had held in all these years. He was always the one to bounce back from everything even before Boboiboy. Even after almost 5 years of friendship he still felt the need to hide so much from them was heartbreaking.

Ying: Fang...

The Chinese girl pulled her alien friend in for a much needed hug. Fang didn't resist and just started crying even more. Yaya rubbed his back to comfort him.

Ying: You aren't cursed. Don't ever think that again.

Yaya: And we're sorry you didn't feel comfortable enough to share this with us-