CHAPTER 6

NAVINA

"I'm fine. Just a lot." I say trying to inhale a breath. My chest constricts with uneven breaths. I feel the sting in my eyes as I turn away from Caden and go up to the school wall.

My hand reaches out and I try to grasp a breath. "Hey, are you okay?" Caden then asks again. I feel his body heat emanating from behind me and I feel the panick rise as I remeber what happened at that party.

My chest constricts and I feel caden come closer and I let out a strangled breath as i turn to him slightly not wanting him to see me like this. No one has ever seen me like this. Only thara and eden.

"Hey, hey it's okay Navina. Just listen to my voice your gonna be alright. Take deep breaths. In through your nose and out through your mouth." He speaks softly softer than I ever heard before.

Normally his words are gruff and deep.

My hand goes on my shaking stomach as i try to contain it and cadens hand fuels with mine for a minute and I realize it's because I cut some skin from closing them to hard. I shake my head as i try to breath.

My eyes closing as i try to breath. "Your okay."he murmurs near me again and I close my eyes hearing his voice repeating in my mind.

"Your okay." Repeats over in my head.

I inhale through my nose and exhale through my mouth as i try to calm down. My mind starts to fade as i only feel Caden surrounding me.

I wipe a stray tear with the hand that was on my stomach and I swallow down disdain as i try to calm down. My chest opening again and I finally feel the air in my lungs. "Thank you." I manage to choke out.

He shrugs, "are you okay." He than asks again.

I smile sheepishly and I look at our hands together and clear my throat before we both take our hands away. "I'll let you know." I say sarcastically feeling better now.

"Do you... like, wanna talk about it?" He than asks. His features mingled like that's the most absurd thing he has said.

I chuckle but it comes out as a scoff. "Do you even want to hear about it?" I than say my inner thoughts.

He nods. "If it will make you feel better." He says like he's absolute.

I look away from his striking pale gaze and sharp features. The cement looks real pretty right now. "I was at a party with a friend..."i say not mentioning tharas name. "I got a drink but then Debby took it and gave me hers..." i swallow down disdain as i remember. "Turns out someone roofied it." I say like venom on my tongue.

I look up seeing his gaze turn light, and meaningful. "The person who roofied it tried to... you know but that's was with me and she got me out before anything even happened." I then explain.

He frowns looking down. Emotions swivel on his handsome face. "I- I'm sorry... that must have been awful." He says. His voice ranged in something weird... like understanding I think.

I nod, but shrug. "It was... but I'm grateful it didn't go as far as that guy would have thought." I then murmur and take a deep breathe straightening my spin.

"Anyway." I smile "let's go back in... thank you again... no one has ever brought me down from an attack before." I murmur the last part speaking my inner thoughts again. I guess he has that effects.

"Of course." He says with a real expression.
___________

I get a text as I'm changing for the movies. I decided on sweatpants and a tight t-shirt that's a little cropped but not too much. I spray perfume as my phone sits on my desk and I read the texts rolling in from the group chat. It's a bunch of rambling still from chase and eden.