CHAPTER 23

NAVINA

The sound of distinctive chatter makes my eyes peek open. They're dryer than normal making it hard to see at first. I blink a few times trying to get myself a little more awake. I then look around my room and I see caden. I smile. His eyes are shut and his head is over mine. His arms are wrapped around me. His warmth makes me go electric.

"Navina, are you home honey?"

My eyes widened and I suddenly became fully alert and aware of everything. My eyes flash around my room as I see the door knob turning. "Um, just one second I'm changing."

"Oh okay. Tell me when you're done I'll wait." I hear my mom's voice boom from behind the door.

I shake caden immediately and he looks at me with sleepy eyes and I try not to focus on that but instead my mother. "You gotta get in the closet." I whisper.

He frowns "what?"

"My mom and dad are home, you gotta go in the closet.'' I say standing to my feet and bolting to my closet. I changed quickly. I put on sweatpants and I put a hoodie over my tank top. I notice caden watching me with wistful eyes. I gesture. "Hurry!'' I whisper.

"Are you done?'' I hear my moms voice again, her soft feminine voice. Caden then widens his eyes like he's alert again. He hops out of my bed and walks to the closet. His height towering over me. "Stay. there '' I whisper and close the door.

I than walk to my room door and open it. My moms face comes into view. Her green eyes are bright but bags show from under her eyes. Her hair is also in a ponytail at the nape of her neck. She smiles and i notice my dad right behind her. "Your back? Is grandma okay?" i ask trying to be calm and collected and normal.

My mom nods as it is her mom. "She's fine but we were just leaving to go grocery shopping unless you want your dad to stay since you haven't seen him much." My mom speaks. I look over at my dad. His blue eyes are boring to me. He also has bags under his eyes but not as bad as moms. Probably because he's used to staying up anyway. He's also in casual clothes, other than his usual suits and ties.

Shit. I almost forgot he could probably tell I had a boy over.

I clear my throat trying to act cool. "No it's okay. I just woke up anyway so i was just gonna get ready.'' I shrug.

They both nod but I see my dad raise a brow. Regardless of my dads suspicious he doesn't do anything as he inspects my room "okay well we should be back in a half hour and we were thinking of going out for dinner.'' She speaks, smiling , turning away from me as she walks down the stairs.

I nod and my dad inspects my room as mom makes it down. He gives me a suspicious look, narrowing his eyes. "If you have a boy, be safe."

I wine in embarrassment. "Oh my god no I don't. Leave." I say , shaking my head. Ugh! He chuckled and walked down stairs. "See you soon, sterlina." he speaks and turns around following my mom down the stairs. They put their shoes on and walk out of the door.

Once it closes I sigh and put a palm to my face and I hear caden walk out of the door. His hair looked normal actually. It's still fluffy and covers his brows and his ears only a little. I felt that hair too. It was weirdly soft for looking so messy. His eyes are now normal, not looking like he just woke up. His clothes are ruffled and he grins. It's a really cute grin.

"What?" I ask , raising my brows. Feigning in that little incident.

He shrugs still smirking "nothing. Nothing at all."

I roll my eyes and walk up to him. "Im gonna get ready so my parents dont think i had a boy over." I say smiling up at him and walk to my closet. I put on a long sleeve lana del rey shirt of course. I also pair it with a pair of blue jeans that are fitted but loose.