Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Let's go party!

Right now I'm in Sal's Cafe ordering breakfast for the staff at my job. Other people always ask me why I'm buying the staff food and tell me how I should keep my money because I'm just wasting it. I don't care if I'm wasting my money, it's always nice to do something kind for other people. I smile at Sal and thank her for the food. People also ask me why I'm a morning person. Well, the truth is I'm not a morning person. I hate waking up in the morning, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't smile and tell everyone good morning.

As I drive, I think back to my best friend Nova, who is a morning person and is always waking me up for work. I smile to myself and get out of the car. I do a once-over at my mint green vest and white pants that are big at the bottom with clear and white heels. I believe I look good. I just hope everyone else does too.

I walk into my business firm with a box of food and a tray of coffee. Glancing around I wave at everyone, saying good morning and smiling. Even if they don't do any of those back. I walk to the staff lounge and place down the tray of coffee and the box of breakfast sandwiches. I leave the room to walk to my desk, but not without taking a breakfast sandwich and my caramel latte.

I smile as I see my work already stacked and ready for me.

***

As I walk to my car, I smile knowingly at what I'm going to do next.

I get out of my car to go sit down on the bench for a while to read. 5 minutes later I get up to take my daily walk. Well, the daily walk that I was going to take until I got a call. I smile as I look at the caller ID. "Hey, Nova," I said as I picked up the phone.

"Yeah, yeah hi. Whatever. Listen you have to get over here quick." Nova told me as my expression grew worried.

"Why? What's wrong?" I questioned her.

"No time for that. Just get over here." She said before she hung up.

"Okay." I trailed off.

That was weird.