5- Yuh Deaf?

"Yuh sista man?" Fiona said, a little too loudly.

"Shh," I shushed her.

We sat at the back of the class.

"So wait," Kendra joined. "Raye know?"

"Of course not," I responded. "Mi cya believe dis man deh wid mi sista and did a try look mi,"

"But fi be fair, him never know," Fiona stated.

"Yeah but him av a oman regardless. Mi tell yuh seh man a dawg enuh," Kendra shook her head and scrolled on her tablet.

"Di most important question is; yuh want him?" Fiona asked, causing Kendra to look up at me.

I felt my eyebrow twitch as I looked at both of them.

"No," I responded. "Like why yuh woulda ask me that?"

"Yuh too friggin lie," Kendra bickered. "Yuh want him."

"No I don't,"

"Whenever yuh a lie, yuh voice become higher," Fiona said.

Her and Kendra busted out laughing.

I furrowed my brows at them. Dem gal yah delusional.

"Ladies, eyes up here please," Professor Haughton said, causing us to fall silent. "For the next assignment I will be putting you all in groups of two."

One of the students raised their hand.

"No, you cannot pick your own partner,"

She put her hand down.

Professor Haughton sat in her seat and began calling out the groups.

"Jordayna Reid and Christopher Hunnigan,"

I cringed. Me and Chris together working on a project?

Chris turned in his seat and smiled at me. I smiled at him and glanced down at my books.

Of course mi woulda get di creep.

I scribbled on a page.

Should I even tell Raye about me and Bigga?
_

I took my food from the KFC worker and exited the drive thru after being stuck there for like three hours. It's literally almost ten o'clock and mi come after seven.

"Nuh know wah mi come yah so fah," I nibbled on some fries.

I mentally scolded myself for even coming to KFC in the first place. Now I'm even more hungrier than I was.

Mi swear to God if di chicken raw, mi aguh kill smaddy.

I glanced at my gas tank to see that it was almost empty. I pulled up at a gas station and hopped out to pump my gas.

I inhaled the air deeply, smelling the gas. I love how the gas smell. I was almost tempted to put the nozzle at my nose.

"Psst baby,"

Jesas Christ.

I rolled my eyes and sighed as a man in an Axio began catcalling me. Wah him nuh go nyam shit and leave me alone?

I tapped my foot as I wait for the tank to become full.

"Oye mumma, yuh nuh hear di man a call yuh?" a boy in the back seat of the Axio said.

No way him think that go make me answer any quicker.

I heard a car door slam shut and glanced in it's direction. The man who called after me exited the driver's door and was walking towards me.